Arsenal has a gender and a diversity issue

by & filed under News Review.

Capture-1

Rumours are rife that Arsenal might be considering a switch to Adidas as there kit supplier when the Puma deal expires next summer. @DarrenArsenal1 reckons there’s £50m a year on the table, which would be a hefty jump, no doubt predicated on our trophy-laden last 4 years. Did Puma bring trophies back to the club? I can’t rule that out.

Adidas does raise the bar though. A proper kit maker, with trendy sub-brands for the hipster fans. Hopefully, the new kit deal with put a visual marker in the sand for the new Arsenal when Wenger likely leaves. We also have the added benefit of the club being able to bring back the bruised banana kit, which will make the German firm their money back in a season.

Arsenal had to release their gender numbers, and they’re pretty shabby. The club is stocked with 73% men, and though any disparity in pay is bad, the mean gap is 16%, but the median shows women earning more.

“I am convinced a diverse organisation is a more successful organisation and we have worked hard over many years through our ‘Arsenal For Everyone’ programme to ensure we are an inclusive club.”

“We have been acutely aware for a number of years that there are more men than women working at all levels of our club and that, particularly at the most senior levels, there are still very few women.”

It would not be hard to bring a female voice onto the board. It’d also be great to bring in some non-nepotistic youth as well. We need to find people with specialisms the club desires. We need those people to have actual voices.

Goes without saying there’s also a real lack of diversity when it comes to ethnicity across the whole club outside the players. We have one Asian in the first team, Takahiro Yamamoto, the only diverse person out of 25 people. It gets marginally better in the academy, where you have one female (Kate Green), Ameesh Maneek (Head of Ops), Kwame Ampadu (coach) and Ryan Garry (coach). Still not great out of 22.

I’m not saying you should hire any old shite to make up numbers, more that it’s pretty clear that throughout football, it’s much easier to cut a break if you’re white and male. It’s also much harder to make it if you’re a person of colour… whereas, if you’re white with a big name, you’ll keep being gifted chances regardless of how shite you are. I find it quite incredible how many unreal black footballers there have been over the years, and almost none of them make it to elite clubs.

Again, I don’t want to keep on going on about it, but why isn’t Vieira at Arsenal? What about Lauren, a man who speaks so eloquently and with intelligence about topics broader than football?

The club needs to do better across the board (great pun)

Right, that’s all I have today, see you tomorrow. FOOTBALL IS NEARLY BACK

330 Responses to “Arsenal has a gender and a diversity issue”

1. PhD07

Bamford10March 31, 2018 15:12:01
    Rambo
    Actually, that’s not what I am doing with respect to Alexanderhenry. I’m neither “attacking” nor “hounding him off” anywhere. Sorry. Asking. a poster a question is neither of those things. If I called for him to be binned in the past — and this was in the distant past, btw — it was because he insisted on coming here every day and posting his bogus and false Wenger-always-spent-what-he-was-given narrative.And when a month or so ago I was told to lay off Alexander by a few people I respect here,” I did.

—————-
    You repeatedly called for him to be banned..
    You went on a rampage for the best part of a year.Mocking him,trying to discredit him,rally troops to railroad him off the blog.And then running off to Pedro to get him ultimately banned.

We all saw it,all witnessed it.

What’s actually galling about all this,is your total dishonesty,ignorance and generally douchebag behaviour.You really fornicating stink man..

Eeeww…

2. Rambo Ramsey

Dissenter, Mark Hughes had done plenty good also. You can’t just ignore his CV.

Football management jobs can’t really compared to most other professions don’t you think? Fortunes are dependent on circumstances surrounding the club.

Impossible to avoid crazy ups and downs in that line.

3. alexanderhenry

Right, I don’t actually give that much of a damn about all this apart from the fact that this is an arsenal blog and we’re talking about Bamford- again.

Look, he’s not exactly my cup of tea but I’ve made my position clear. His posts and opinions are utterly irrelevant as far as I’m concerned.
    I’d rather have a conversation with my cat than waste time responding to him, but
    despite that, good luck to the guy.

Shall we move on?

4. alexanderhenry

Maybe the reason we’re stuck on this is because there is nothing of any interest happening at arsenal at the moment. What a shitty season.

Rambo
    Nah
    Relegating two clubs one season???
    Nothing beats that. How many chances does b still need. He should go to Greece and kick start his career.

6. PhD07

PhD07March 31, 2018 15:42:14
    Sorry Alex,
    Post was referenced to you.
    ————-
    *Previous post wasn’t referenced to you

7. Marko

I’ve defused many situations by taking responsibility for something that has passed it’s sell by date.It’s called being a husband and father!

Amen brother

It would just be nice if football debates could be debated by posters emotionally secure enough to give and take. This dictation approach is tedious at best, and with Banford he’s used up most peoples patience reserves. It’s constant arrogance from a superficial position of superiority.It’s all opinions ultimately so debate is natural, but refuting something that can be proven is bizarre

Couldn’t have said it better

8. Marko

Absolutely. Look I’ve disagreed in the past with some of the things you have said and certainly with regards to the money being spent and the correlation between us and the Rams and whatnot but I have never asked you to be binned and I’ve always tried to counter argue. Plus I’ve also noticed a change in you the past few months which leads me to believe that you couldn’t be further from an akb (a term loosely used on here). Plus I’ve seen you on untold fighting against those maniacs

BBC; “About £60,000 of taxpayers’ money will be used to pay for increased security at West Ham’s home Premier League match against Southampton on Saturday”

Boris Johnson should never be allowed to hold any position of authority again based on this singular atrocious deal he made as London Mayor.

10. Rambo Ramsey

Do I go for the experienced pro. Someone who struggled in his last job but who had better success prior to that.

Or

Do I go for a fresh candidate who may or may not hack it.

Probably comes down to this question for owner/CEO before making the appointment. Not surprised they go for the safer option more often than not.

11. PhD07

Bamford10March 31, 2018 15:12:01

———–

The total contradiction in this guy is amazing.So freaking conflicted and full of horseshit..

His words..
    “If I called for him to be binned in the past — and this was in the distant past”
    vs
    “And when a month or so ago I was told to lay off Alexander by a few people I respect here,” I did.

———-
    So,let’s get this right..he stopped calling for a ban,or mistreating him a month ago,but in the same breath-it was in the distant path?

Combined with:
    Bamford10March 31, 2018 13:53:58
    I have never mistreated Alexanderhenry
    ———-
    This guy is a Walter Mitty character..

12. Victorious

Dissenter
    Did you just turn “Ishola” to ‘*Ishitla*?
    Jeezus, you’re a child?

Funny you didn’t ask him same question when he turned “Victorious” to “vicuntious” biased much?now jog along

13. Frankie Coffeecakes

“On many occasions he pleaded with Pedro to chuck me off here.”Not true. I did this twice. Maybe three times. Tops.”

And somehow twice or three times does not equate to many? And if it were ten, twelve times tops, i suppose that would not equate to many either.

What an unbelievable and unbearable clown you are. You dont even have integrity to match your classless behaviour.

I recall vividly as well how you pat yourself on the back for being a self-declared good debater and leader on LeGrove as well. Im surprised you havent suffocated yourself from sucking all the air out of your glass bubble that you live in. Toxic you are.

Victorious
    Good point. I didn’t think of it that way
    Victorious isn’t your name though because I’m pretty sure Ishola is an actual name
    Ishola is a child too for engaging in namecalling

15. Michael24

Victorious

Your posts are very very comical.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that your warped perceptions and responses to other posters on here are so fucking hilarious, that we should set up a special blog, just for you.

Are you for real or are you some sort of automated robot that responds by communicating in juvenile responses only.

@ Ishola70 lost patience, which isn’t surprising, as it seems to be a deliberate ploy on your part to act like a total dick, just to wind people up.

Congratulations, you have become, without any question of doubt, the craziest poster on Leave Grove.

16. PhD07

Frankie CoffeecakesMarch 31, 2018 16:51:49
    ———–
    I did miss that part.Not surprised at all.Do you have the timeline to that self-declaration?

Heck,it’s the Easter Weekend..Have a bit of time on my hands.
    :-)

17. HillWood

Good to seeGreedy Boring Big Fat Sam getting a tonking. Hate the man. I was so pleased he was sacked after 1 match for England. Greedy useless fat kunta

18. Bob N16

PhD…any chance you could stop your crusade.

Scrolling through your extensive, frequent quotes/ diatribes may be of interest to you but they sure as hell bore me. I’m not taking sides but it’s getting to the stage that your approach is sinking your views to a level of irritation that you’re arguing against.

I’ve tried to ignore it and scroll down.