Wenger liberal with extent of his incompetence

by .

DUE1JhaXkAAo4Wt Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 21.23.28

I’ve been dropping so many positive bombs on you the last few days, I actually have people on Twitter trying to convince me Wenger is a bad manager.

KNOW YOUR HISTORY.

Anyway, bit of a Wenger rant incoming.

I absolutely detest the way he manipulates the truth to suit his survivalist instincts. Nothing is ever his fault. He always falls back on this ‘I’m a pretty classy guy’ angle, and fans always fall for it.

Let’s crack into his latest reimagining of history.

“I cannot understand anybody wanting to leave Arsenal”

“But in 30 years of doing transfers, you learn a lot about human beings. As a professional, it was perhaps his last contract at the top level and an important contract.”

This is Wenger setting the stage. He’s telling you he’s been around for a while, back when footballers were paid with eggs and bread., and it’s not the same. He’s also trying to sell Arsenal as a dream in itself, bypassing the realities of why players don’t want to be here despite us having all the necessary ingredients a modern player needs (excellent pay, location, sell-out stadium).

“We did what we tried to do and went as far as we could (with money). Even Manchester City moved out of it in the end. That tells you we had no chance to give him a contract.”

This is where he’s playing games.

True, Arsenal are unable to pay Alexis £400k a week. I’m not sure we’re that sort of club, and I’m not sure we want to be. However, the problem Arsenal ran into didn’t stem from Alexis wanting £400k a week. They came from Wenger and Gazidis not pulling the trigger on deals in 2015.

If you remember, we’d beaten Villa in the cup final and all the talk that summer was about record deals for our two star men. The agents were going big, the talk moved to £200k a week, at the time, the money seemed wild, but reality was any CEO worth his salt could see where wages were going with the new TV deal. Worth noting as well, that summer, we put Theo on a £140k a week deal. It was clear what it’d take to get proper players to sign on.

The subplot here is that, as you all know, Wenger needs to be the highest paid man at the club. £200k a week was higher than his £140k a week. We didn’t tie our best players down to long deals when sentiment around the club was great because of Wenger’s ego and Ivan’ meekness in overruling him.

Wenger went on to fuck up the summer of 2015, signing only Petr Cech. By 2016, money started to flood the game, the players could see where their mates’ salaries were going, then by the time no deal had been done by December, and the team were failing, it was clear how things were going to pan out.

The absolute joke of it all is this… Wenger oversaw a terrible season and was given a new deal adn a pay bump. To what number? £10m a year, which is £192k a week. The number we had been trying to tie Ozil and Sanchez down to since last summer. The club basically forfeited the ability to sell Alexis for £90m because of ego, or a total lack of planning. I’m putting my money on ego.

Hopefully, Sanllehi, Sven and Huss Fahmy are in a position to put this nonsense to bed once and for all. Wenger isn’t worth £10m and his ego shouldn’t guide our contract planning approach or our transfer strategy. The new team is off to a good start, if we end the window with a defender, Aubameyang and Mikki, we’re in good shape.

Before the Armenian was misused at United, he was a really great player. He has a touch of the Cazorla’s about his game. He’s a hard worker, maybe not industrious enough for Jose, but more than enough for Tuchel and Klopp. If we can spark his confidence, I think we could have good run in for the rest of the season.

My guess is the club are gambling on those two taking us to Europa League glory. Most likely our best chance for Champions League qualification. 5-8 points off Liverpool seems a bit of an ask considering the poor shape our team is in at the moment.

UPDATE: Mikki is not cup tied. Aubameyang is.

Still, you never know.

I mean, you likely do. I’m not sure Wenger’s magic final season push is still there. But at least if we have players that want to go for it, we have a better chance. Seriously, Mikki, Auba, Ramsey, Ozil and Lacazette could be pretty exciting.

Right, that’s me done.

SEE YOU IN THE COMMENTS x

P.S Click into the below tweet thread. Best work of 2018.

852 Responses to “Wenger liberal with extent of his incompetence”

1. mysticleaves

Attacking personalities is as bad as anything Don said to get him binned. I would bin anybody that attack and ridicle personalities here…it’s not even funny. I wonder how Pedro allows this on here.

2. Emiratesstroller

Wallace

Manchester United may be a bigger club in tradition and revenues, but City
    have a spending power that even their rivals cannot match.

3. PhD07

WallaceJanuary 23, 2018 14:57:25
    Dissenter“Wallace
    You don’t think United are a bigger club than Arsenal? They are undoubtedly a bigger club that city. Even Arsenal are bigger that city, 20 Guardiolas won’t change that. You have reputation here as a honest broker don’t ruin it.”posters keep saying Alexis left to win things. if that was the case he goes to City, not Utd. if he was 25 then fair enough, Utd have more money than anyone, but he’s 29, with maybe 2yrs left at the very top. Utd aren’t finishing ahead of City while Pep’s there.
    ——————
    In his position,what would you do-wallflower?

4. Pierre

Dissenter

“but you’ll moan all day like a gutted pig when they exercise their right to get the best possible deal.”

Not me… Good luck to whoever leaves and get the deal which suits them.

Do me a favour dissenter… . If you are going to make statements about me then it’s a good idea to tell the truth as it will only make you look a little bit silly won’t it…

Wallace,
    Have you considered that United still have that draw, being the massive club that they were? It wasn’t that long ago that they were winning league titles and CLs
    Have you considered that Mourhino [other than being a narcissistic jerk] remains a major name in global football?
    Have you given consideration to the fact that Alexis realises that he can be a CENTRAL axle part of Mourhino’s team rather than a PERIPHERAL appendage of Guardiola’s?
    The money is irrelevant; he would have earned more at city or United, he had only 5 months left and would have earned a big sign-on bonus.
    United are more likely to win the title next season with Alexis. We will have to wait and see.

Emirates
    “WallaceManchester United may be a bigger club in tradition and revenues, but City
    have a spending power that even their rivals cannot match.”

Oh dear
    Do you even read what you write. I like reading your pos by the way, no hostility from me.
    City put forward a package…and then United came and blew it all up.
    United can match anything city offer..and more. They just haven’t spent their money well.
    You have to be please that a self-sustaining club like United is beating up City with all the pseudo-commercial deals they’ve used top pad up their financials. Their fans pay very little, can fill up their stadium and go around moaning about high away ticket prices.
    You ought to be cheering that United blew them out of the water 🙂

Rambo
    How are you doing my man?
    It’s just banter.
    You’re going to have to wait until 2019 to see the conclusion of GoT, I’m sure you know that already.

8. raptora

May 2017 Alexis Sanchez:
    “I think that if a player wants to be at the very top, he needs to win the Champions League and league titles. That’s what makes the great players truly great.”
    “I don’t think it has been a very good season for me because I came here to win trophies, to be competing in the Champions League semi-finals and to win the Premier League.
    “I want to win the Champions League which is every footballer’s dream. I want to win the Premier League because I play here.

January 2018, Rio Ferdinand reckons moving to the Etihad is the better option for Sanchez, 29, to win trophies: “I am going to be honest, if he has got an option to go from Arsenal to go to Manchester City or Manchester United, as a footballer who wanted to win trophies and would judge myself based on trophies being won, at the moment Manchester City looks like the place to go for him in that respect.

“They are top of the league, they are going to win the league this season, they are in the Champions League, they are looking like they will be in the final for the League cup, the FA Cup as well potentially.

“So he has got more opportunities to win trophies there.”

This puts it to bed then. Dissenter and the rest.

9. Jacko

I don’t get how this Peanuts fella is allowed to come on here every day to insult everyone, including Pedro. He’s been at it for years.

He talks bollocks, acts like a c#nt, is obviously a serial troll and yet nothing is ever done about it? Quite sad really.

Who knows, maybe he is on the payroll to spice things up a bit? Although it’s not as if LG could ever be called dull.

Can anyone else shed some light?

10. PhD07

DissenterJanuary 23, 2018 15:09:15
    Wallace,
    ———————–
    It’s like talking sense to a starving,ravished mouse smelling a cheese trap,that
    knowingly and blindly enters into a lion’s den..

Just a total lost cause.

11. Dolomite

I think one of the best developments to arise from the new appointments is the fact were actually active within this transfer window and like myself I know most fans arent happy that Wenger is in charge BUT these guys seem to be on a mission – were being linked with a Mainz central defender called Diallo.

Whether he is pants or not is subject to another debate, but Im personallypleased areas where we are lacking are being identified and possibly resolved.

As long as we develop some kind of spine for the new manager to build on I’m happy for things to be sorted out in a slow but steady manner.

As opposed to being in Groundhog Day

12. PhD07

When was the last time we were proactive in a transfer window?

Actively pursuing top targets?
    Answers on a postcard please?

13. PhD07

raptoraJanuary 23, 2018 15:26:30
    One calls me a bore, the other one a moron, the third one a dipshit. For sharing an opinion without insulting anyone. Quality blog.
    ———————
    You do have a choice?

14. raptora

I’m not even the calmest of posters in here.
    Emiratesstroller is always measured, hasn’t said a bad word to anyone in the time I’ve been following the blog, yet several posters have been offensive towards him for a few days now, calling him names etc. What the fuck happened?

15. kc

All the snowflakes calling for people to be banned need to fuck off to their safe space. Has there ever been a worse generation than millinials? Spoiled worthless sissies.

16. Dolomite

My Take:

17. Dolomite

“When was the last time we were proactive in a transfer window?

Actively pursuing top targets?
    Answers on a postcard please?”

Your point being?

18. Jacko

Red,

It wouldn’t surprise me to find out that you are one and the same. Just another moniker to add to your list I guess.

Grow up you dopey cunt.

19. Dolomite

At least if were getting top quality replacements as opposed to dross thats half of the problem solved…. and dont most Arsenal fans have the conviction that Wenger inherited a defence that could tactically sort itself out?

I think the new guys may be th first steps of the change we ve been waiting for

20. victorious

raptora

It is quite appalling really to see posters like Red,graham,UTass,Highbury etc bring the blog down with name calling and endless trolls

21. PhD07

DolomiteJanuary 23, 2018 15:30:26
    My Take:Alexis is good, no doubt but the way certain fans are portraying him as some sort of Messi/Ronaldo/Henry hybrid that will guide United to their first quadruple leaves a lot to be questioned…..Like the Mourinho factor, Citys current domestic and European dominance, his other teammates like De Gea staying or going, their collective form and whether theyare actually going to be better than any of the top 6…..Personally theres sooooo much speculation that borders on outright BS and I’ll be glad to revisit a lot of what has been bandied on this post as fact in 12 months time.
    ——————

So,do tell..What’s the Arsene factor?

We are all eyes?

22. PhD07

RedtruthJanuary 23, 2018 15:40:54
    Emiratesstroller’s message to the club is you can fuck up as many times as you like but i will always pay my subscription for your services.
    —————————————

Absolutely true..

23. PhD07

RedtruthJanuary 23, 2018 15:40:54
    ——————–
    Don’t forget x2 subscription..

raptora

This is Wenger from today’s press conference
    ““Of course the financial aspect is important,” said Wenger. “He could combine both. I think he’s going to a great club and he gets a great contract, so you can understand that a professional player can combine both aspects.

“Alexis is a great guy and has always been committed. Did the negotiations go well or not well? It has never affected him and I would just like to remind you I took him to the hotel on the night before the Crystal Palace game and he was completely focused and ready to play the next day until I told him, ‘Look you can go home, the deal is over the line’. No matter how the negotiations went he was always focused on football.”

see why I called you a bore?

25. HighburyLegend

Sanchez about his new club : “I am delighted to join the biggest club in the world”
    loooooooooooooooooool

26. victorious

you look at Mikki’s statement when he arrived compare to $anchez’s own and you will see who is likely to receive all the boos and pig’s ear thrown at them when the two clubs meet

27. Emiratesstroller

Dissenter

City’s spending power does not come from revenues generated by club.

They are in same boat as PSG. Frankly they can spend what they want if FIFA
    and UEFA don’t regulate.

Man City spent in summer transfer window over £200 million in transfers and
    that does not include wages. That is well over 40% of their annual revenue.

The owners of Man Utd do not have the same capacity to throw money at the club as Man City and Chelsea have done.

What is also interesting is that everyone focusses on recent deals to buy Pogba, Lukaku and now Sanchez.

No-one is looking how Man Utd’s famed Academy is in serious decline. Last
    week our U23 Team beat them 4-0 and they languish near bottom of League.

Their U18 Team does not seem to be much better.

28. steve

“ES made a good point about the mute botton and I agree, I mean what’s the point if we call ourselves “Arsenal fans” fighting for the same cause but can’t seem to have a sane discuss”

You and your ilk are Arsene fans, not Arsenal fans.

29. R.S.P.C.Arsenal

Look

Let’s get behind the coup

Because it’s gonna happen old city trick
    Getting to the root of the problem to cure the problem

Wenger is being given the rope he’s gone by June

It’s an overthrow happening

Emirates
    The Glazers haven’t been great for united. They make them pay out almost 50 million yearly in bonuses to the Glazer family before they even start funding footballing operation.
    Even then they are self-sufficient unlike City.
    I’m glad a normal club can knock astro-turf clubs like city down once in a while.

31. Leftsidesanch

lol this place can be like a class room at times, ironically its probably jumped up old men coming here to trash talk.

32. PhD07

EmiratesstrollerJanuary 23, 2018 15:57:15
    DissenterCity’s spending power does not come from revenues generated by club.They are in same boat as PSG. Frankly they can spend what they want if FIFA
    and UEFA don’t regulate.
    —————–
    Quite interesting to see your comments regarding the FFP Rule in 2011/12 going forward?
    Very interesting???

33. Emiratesstroller

RT

Please enlighten us what is a supporter?

There is nothing in your repertoire, which suggests that you are remotely a
    supporter. You don’t go to games and according to other remarks you seldom
    even watch games on the box.

When anyone reads your posts going back the past 12 months I doubt that there is one which is remotely constructive or demonstrates that you support
    the club.

In that time you slag virtually everything about the club from its history, its
    successes, the management, the players and even those like myself who choose to go to matches and support Arsenal.

When I look back over the last week I guess that you have “abused” at least a
    dozen other posters not just me.

34. Denisk Birdkampf

Sanchez is almost certainly a mercenary who moved for giant sums of cash in his and his agents pockets, but then most players are, who wouldn’t be. Talks of him being on up to £600 million a week with images rights and bonuses added into the equation. Crazy money. Saying he moved for trophies is balls, he had Bayern and City in the mix, both baulked at his wage demands too.
    Not saying that the way the situation was handled was great in anyway and we certainly got the shitty end of the stick in terms of player quality. But how it turns out remains to be seen, and hopefully we work better as a team now, rather than seeing Alexis twist himself in knots or run in circles before losing the ball week in week out.
    And now Red trying to twist it that he wanted a challenge? Haha

35. Pierre

Dissenter
    You still don’t quite get it do you..

If city really wanted to sign sanchez then they could have blown them out of the water.. But they probably decided he was surplus to requirements or maybe they looked at his performances this season and realised he has lost half a yard of pace and didn’t feel like the risk warranted spending fortunes as in the end it looks from the outside that sanchez would go to the club who offered him the most money, which is fair enough…

Whether sanchez can get that half a yard of pace back will determine whether or not he is a success at United.

36. Leftsidesanch

Quite interesting that apart from one article of Wenger commenting that Alexis was always committed I haven’t seen any well wishes from any players or fans to Sanchez. The club’s social media handles haven’t even thanked up for his contribution, yet that clown Walcott got the full slap up meal.

37. PhD07

EmiratesstrollerJanuary 23, 2018 16:06:21
    RTPlease enlighten us what is a supporter?
    ———————-

By your reckoning..

1)Must be financially independent to afford 2x annually season tickets-to be a bonafide supporter

2)Must have a proficient command of the English language,to even begin to understand the game,as a starting point,before even attempting,or having aspirations to manage.

3) Must be non-corrupt…So,I guess that rules out the BOD?

4)Must attend all home games with 2x annual tickets

5)Must bitch and moan when home game results in a loss-bearing in mind swinging x2 annual tickets in”yer face”.

6) Must come on Le-Grove,to tell all and sundry,how the game went,with a running commentary.Followed by a daily encyclopedia of how you felt the game went& what the power’s should be-do to address a “20 YEAR FORNICATING PROBLEM”

38. Bamford10

It’s very simple: like RVP before him, Sanchez left Arsenal because he is tired of playing for a Wenger-led team that everyone with eyes knows will accomplish nothing.

This is obvious.

He ended up going to United rather than City because the former came in and made a bigger offer and showed more interest in him.

City may be the best at the moment, but Sanchez looks at United and sees a club/team that can compete with City. No one sees this when they look at Arsenal under Wenger.

Everyone here and elsewhere saying Sanchez left for purely mercenary reasons is dishonest and is saying so simply to defend their precious little feelings.

Arsenal are not the draw City or United are, not under Wenger at least.

Face facts you dishonest fucking twats.

39. Bay Area Gooner

What the shit man.
    I wake up every morning grab my iphone to check the google search for Arsenal to see what is going on with Auba

And this morning… this shit?
    Wenger better shut his ass. Ivan and Sven better get their shit together and get this deal done. Give Olly…. bless his heart but hes got to go.

Now Im hearing Lucas Moura. Which is the smoke screen here? the Red Herring as there always is one during the transfer windows?

If Auba does not come- collosal failure this time with the Dortmund connection

Pierre,
    “The fact is that at the moment no clubs can compete with psg and city financially.”

Most clubs cannot compete however United can compete. Barca can compete and Real Madrid can compete.
    These three clubs can match anything City or PSG offer. They have massive revenues with history to boot.
    Guardiola publicly stated that had they matched United’s offer for Sanchez, it would have threatened the stability of City. United just fired a shot across the bow to remind city.
    City’s so called revenues are phony. Their fans din’t fill up their stadium and are the biggest whinners in English football about away ticket prices.

41. Bay Area Gooner

Its official. the Alexis poster came down this morning from my sons room.

Then my son asked me…. Dad when can you get me a Aubaeyang poster.
    I said hopefully soon 😛

Bay Area
    Relax man.
    For Wenger to publicly acknowledge this deal at every point is unusual. This deal will get done even if we have to give one kidney to Dortmund to make it happen
    This deal is required to cover up the scandalous manner the Alexis and Ozil contracts were handled.
    The self-reservation of the Arsenal hierarchy will get it done.
    We are right to squeeze Dortmund though, they clearly don’t want the player anymore and realize that he’s done with their fan base.

43. PhD07

Bay Area GoonerJanuary 23, 2018 16:32:10
    Its official. the Alexis poster came down this morning from my sons room.
    Later on the way to school, he and my daughter told me they took sciessors and started to cut it up randomly. My daughter said she opened the poster to find she cut his face up! lol Then my son asked me…. Dad when can you get me a Aubaeyang poster.
    I said hopefully soon
    ————–

Surprised,he /she didn’t ask for the Arsene Wenger poster to be cut to pieces?
    What happened in between?

44. Bay Area Gooner

PhD

Wenger poster? Does such a nasty, disgusting, foul, vile and bad luck item exist?
    Which kid in their right mind would ask for this?

I think I just vomited in my mouth

45. Denisk Birdkampf

46. Zfree

Getting angry at Emirates for being a ticket holder is like thinking people who fly are ruining the planet. Jet fuel is terrible for the environment, but guess what, that plane is still taking off whether you buy your ticket or not.

So stupid to think ES is enriching Kroenke or keeping Wenger in a job. I believe he’s even said he rarely goes to games anymore, which is a bigger deal than the money spent on a ST. Empty seats looks bad. A few quid on the ST that would just be sold to some other customer makes zero difference to Kroenke/the machine.

47. Emiratesstroller

Dissenter

The owners of Man City are a massive enterprise and their involvement in
    Manchester is not just confined to the football club.

Manchester United is a very big Football Club but if it was registered on the
    London Stock Exchange it would be classified as a medium size FTSE 250 company based on its asset value and revenues.

48. PhD07

Denisk BirdkampfJanuary 23, 2018 16:43:31
    ======================

Can the same be said for the following:-
    -Vieira
    -Henry
    -Pires
    -Hleb
    -Nasri
    -Adebayor
    -Cesc
    -RVP
    -Sanchez

Think about it?Maybe for a little…All mercenaries?? Seriously???

49. Dev_gooner

Your Comment Here

Guess what.. I was offered a better pay packet by my new employers and I joined them despite me loving my old job. I begged me old company to offer me a matching package but they refused and such i now place my loyalty elsewhere.

We’re all humans and all of us are motivated by financial rewards. If someone offered me more money for my services, i will bloody well accept it as it enriches my life and make it better!

Its human nature. He accepted the United offer simply because he was offered more money and there isn’t anything wrong with it. He’s one of the best footballers in the world and richly deserves the remuneration he will receive at united. We offer huge salaries to absolute trash, so he deserves a pay he’s getting at united

Had we decided not to offer trash huge salaries and instead offer Sanchez a good package, there might have been some chance of keeping him (if he had not had enough of wenger) but lets face it, he dont wanna play for wenger so Hey ho.. He’s gone United. Deal with it.

You cannot call him a mercenary just coz he didnt believe in the Wenger Dream!

Jeez.. Some people are just beyond simple logic!

#WengerOUT

50. Dev_gooner

My point is.. its irrelevant to discuss his reasons to join United. Fact is, United are better than Arsenal as it stands and therefore, he is right in his decision.

I Judge people who call him a mercernary, just because he cared to put his career in front of loyalty to Wenger and his dream.

51. Denisk Birdkampf

No the same probably wouldn’t be said of some of those, but they didn’t flip flop on destination at the last minute, that’s all I was saying, that his destination was all to do with money, not his leaving, because that was a certainty for a couple of seasons and handled terribly like most of these situations. I never said we weren’t in decline or that there were other reasons for the majority of player leaving us, it’s why I’ve read this blog for so long.

52. PhD07

EmiratesstrollerJanuary 23, 2018 16:49:20
    DissenterThe owners of Man City are a massive enterprise and their involvement in
    Manchester is not just confined to the football club.Most Gulf States and in particular Abu Dhabi are controlled by the Royal Families. They generate revenues, which dwarf what a Football Club earns.Manchester United is a very big Football Club but if it was registered on the
    ———————-

Told you all…

I think revert to my Number 3)-in previous post.,Non corrupt…

The angle……

53. Emiratesstroller

Manchester City have just made an offer of £60 million the buyout value for
    Laporte a Centre Back at Bilbao. The player is 23 years old.

Presumably he will be a replacement for either Mangala or Kompany! That
    tells you everything you need to know about their spending power. If successful
    they will have spent almost £300 million on transfers in current financial year.

54. Dev_gooner

It goes the same in my scenario where I had multiple offers and decided to go with the best paid package. Am I a mercenary? I dont think so.

If that makes me a mercenary, then you have issues, not me!

55. Paul Mc Daid

Wenger and this in component board are the reason all these players have left the club, We are Owned, Managed and run by complete losers, Only difference this time is that they have ” Totally Humiliated ” us once again by selling to Utd, The great Economist Wenger has cost this club 60 Million on this deal, Sanchez should off been sold to City last summer, Wenger’s Arrogance has cost us a great player ,60 million and a whole season, And just when you think things can not get any worse Isee Kroneke has bought more shares, So much for the Fat Russian being our savior.

56. PhD07

EmiratesstrollerJanuary 23, 2018 17:08:44
    Manchester City have just made an offer of £60 million the buyout value for
    Laporte a Centre Back at Bilbao. The player is 23 years old.Presumably he will be a replacement for either Mangala or Kompany! That
    tells you everything you need to know about their spending power. If successful
    ——————-

So that explains away 21 years of no “CL NO TROPHY?”

& Man City being in the Championship League in 1999/2000?

With no title defense on our part for 14 years?

Let’s not include lowly Leicester?

Gosh,we certainly can’t compete..I’m totally confused..

57. Denisk Birdkampf

Dev…It’s not the same scenario, so no you wouldn’t be a mercenary, I’m guessing that most won’t make the amounts of money that he’s on, so changes in pay actually make a difference to most people, and it’s a shame that some have to leave jobs they love for more money.
    Only so much money you can have before it doesn’t make a shit of difference to lifestyle.

58. steve

Emirates
    They model is a mighty infusion of cash with good management to broaden the revenue base to be followed by a hybrid of the self-sufficiency model and creative “sponsorship”
    Even Abramovich is reducing his money infusion. Chelsea are borrowing money for their stadium because he wont put down cash for it.

60. Ishola70

Denisk Birdkampf:
    “Jeeeeez, so angry. I wasn’t saying he left just for more money, absolutely he wanted out of Arsenal, who wouldn’t currently, but his destination was decided by money, not love, not managers. And showed more interest? Didn’t see them making any moves for him in the summer.”

Let’s remember that Sanchez already had his bags packed and had agreed terms with Man City summer just gone to join them. That he didn’t go to Man City at the time was purely down to Arsenal not being capable or not wanting to sign a replacement player.

So this guy six months ago was denied his move to Man City.

Man City are cake walking the league. Back at the start of the season Man City felt they really wanted this player. Now with them strolling the league that same need they felt for him in the summer is no longer there.

And once a club do not have the hots for a player that they had previously then this allows others or another club to muscle in. This is what we saw with Man United.

61. Ishola70

steve
    “So predictable that the usual akb cunts were going to try to make Sanchez the villain just like when Van Persie left just to let Wenger off the hook. Disingenuous cunts. Spurs fans > Akbs”

Why shouldn’t they?

Their shit-faced leader has already implied to the media that Sanchez went just because of money. Of course if Le Fraud says these things they will follow suit.

Le Fraud is such a crafty devious cvnt. He says these things because he never wants to take responsibility for his own failings and he knows that it will also stoke up the simpletons.

62. Rambo Ramsey

Ishola, its common knowledge that Steve is a Chelsea troll. You really want to associate yourself with that rentboy?

63. Micheal

“Like Chelsea’s owner, the City owners are slowing down their investments are trying to run it like any other business.”

Nonsense, total nonsense.
    Sheikh Mansour and the Abu Dhabi royal family have a basic plan to dominate world football in every arena of the globe. They want to create a Barcelona or PSG-style team in Europe, China, Soiuth America and North America. The vehicle for this meglomania in Europe is called Manchester City.
    The aim is create teasms at all levels – junior and senior – and women’s teams who dominate football whereever it is played. Money is no object.
    The intention is to create a recognisable worldwide “brand” which will raise the profile of the royal family and make it significantly more difficult to launch a coup and replace one bunch of medieval dictators with another bunch of medieval dictators. Money is no object.

Michael,
    You conveniently left out the second paragraph.
    Their model is a mighty infusion of cash with good management to broaden the revenue base to be followed by a hybrid of the self-sufficiency model and creative “sponsorship”

***hybrid of the self-sufficiency model and creative “sponsorship”***

Got it?
    Even The Chelsea owner isn’t paying for their stadium out of pocket. They will have to fund it the normal way i.e. with a bank loan.

65. Micheal

Dissenter
    I was talking about Man City – not Chelsea.

But I take your point about the Russian, even if he has spunked £1 bn on the Chavs which, by any standards, demolishes the idea that he is running Chelsea FC like “any other business.” Ask him if he wants his £1 bn back.

66. Bay Area Gooner

What would Pep do without the financial backing of the clubs he has managed?
    What would he do with a mid table team?

Same for Mourinho…. may be to a lesser extent. (Porto, Inter) not flush with cash but had some good player nonetheless.

Throw Ancelloti in there too.
    What do those top teams have in common?
    $$$ and a willingness to spend on the best
    If Arsenal want to compete, they need to get their commercial deals better and bring in more revenue streams. We dont have the oil money

Leicester is the only outlier. An inspirational fluke and hope for the little guy

Michael,
    I was talking about both City and Chelsea,,,the sugar-daddy model.
    The paragraph you posted started with”Like Chelsea’s owner….”

Anyway I’m glad that we do agree on something.

68. Denisk Birdkampf

@ishola, absolutely, and the same deal was on the table this time around, my point was to someone who said ManU wanted him more. Was just saying they weren’t in for him last window, so just seems odd to now make such a huge offer.
    But yes we sat around last window on our hands under the illusion noone was going to come in for him, thinking that he would sign on if there was no interest, that didn’t happen, we even went as far to plead poverty, and fucked up an all ready bad situation. Then when someone did we rolled out the usual excuses. Like I said at the time, complete joke.

Bay area
    “If Arsenal want to compete, they need to get their commercial deals better and bring in more revenue streams. We dont have the oil mone”

…and we need to stop letting good money out the door. If an elite player has two good seasons, extend the contract by two with a modest increase in wages immediately. If they refuse to sign, sell them by 18-24 months before their deal is over.
    That’s what Liverpool an Spuds have been doing for the past 5 years. Harry Kane’s deal has been extended over and over again with modest wage increases. When Sanchez deal to come to Arsenal was botched, they made him sign an extension with a 50k/week wage increase. That strengthened their hand when negotiating with Barca the following summer.

70. Marko

you begin to wonder what the United lovers on here are smoking?

Victorious they are more likely to challenge for major honours than we are this is an indisputable fact. And I do not believe that City are guaranteed to win league title after league title especially if Chelsea get in a new manager and especially if United keep spending money bringing in players like Pogba and Sanchez. Linked with Fred and Griezmann. And where are we in all this? Well struggling to make top 4 and with a poor manager who has 18 months to go on his contract so not challenging anytime soon.

Oh and Pierre is absolutely disingenuous. When it became apparent that we fucked up by not selling Sanchez last summer he like his master tried to flog it off as smart and a good summer we kept our two best players and signed a striker. And now that Sanchez is gone he’s a mercenary and he even has the audacity to question his fitness and weight. Absolute shameless stuff.