Things are seemingly clanging along, we’re shifting some of the deadwood on and it feels great.
Gibbs: Maybe something
The papers are claiming we’re doing all these things to fund Lemar to Arsenal, but here’s the thing, we have the money to buy Lemar regardless.
My big concern is what we’re doing to fund keeping Alexis.
Would you go to £350k p/w? I fucking would. We’re getting to that stage in the summer where we really do need to know. I think Sanchez is a greedy fucker who only cares about getting big dollars before he retires. If that’s not coming from City, he’ll have to face the worry of heading into his 29th year and hitting a free next year. Then he’ll be on the cusp of getting old in football terms, he might pick up the injury he’s certainly due, or he might not fit the plans of Europe’s elite (Aguero).
Arsenal need to pay Alexis that money because the simple reality here is that we absolutely won’t find anyone better than him in our current state as a club.
- M’Bappe was always an embarrassing pipe dream cooked up by PR (Shifting deadwood now to fund Lemar, but we’d tabled a bid for the best young kid on the planet? Bitch please)
- I really don’t think there’s a price Monaco have in mind for Lemar, because let’s be real, they have a bit of cash set aside now and they’ll need to be wary of dropping out of all competitions next year the rate their squad is being decimated
- Aubameyang might be a target worth pursuing if Wenger switches out Lacazette to the left. But we’re super cool on him for some reason. IMAGINE THAT HAPPENING THOUGH.
We are in a world of fucked if we lose Sanchez.
As it stands now, I’d be thinking about this.
- How do we keep Alexis (’cause we know Ozil has to sign on)
- How do we upgrade the right-hand side of midfield and ditch Theo (I’m not keen on Mahrez, but…)
- How do we solve the Santi Cazorla problem?
I know the spreadsheet football fans crow over Aaron Ramsey, but sadly, we don’t play in a sub-reality where stats win you trophies.
Aaron Ramsey is and has been a liability for a majority of his Arsenal career.
He suffered a terrible injury for us, I accept that. But he’s been clear of that a while. You cannot trust him to stay in form, to stay fit, or deliver big game performances when you need them.
The only time he plays well it seems is when he’s given a free role to do what the hell he wants (Wales).
Does he have potential? Of course. But come on everyone, this is a player who is 26 years old. In 5 months time, he’ll be 27. He’s a man now. He’s no longer that baby from Cardiff. He should be delivering at the peak of his powers every single game, and he’s not done that since 2013 where he had what now looks like an accident of good form.
He cannot be the Santi solution. You need to find someone who can step in and do that role at a higher level. It can be a Santi style player, or it can be a new breed style Keita looking name. We just need a proper plan on hand because history tells you we’re going to suffer in midfield if we just hit the hope button on Ramsey form or a Santi 47 game season.
Let’s be straight here. Our season has folded two years running because of an injured Santi. We need to make the right this year. It cannot be an internal suggestion.
Right, that’s me done, I’m in Barcelona today acting like and adult (hanging outside Pique’s house hoping he’ll sign my chest).
SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE.