Deadline Day Disaster for Arsenal | Kim Kallstrom… is here.

by .

tumblr_mzlymiqEkH1qhebo9o1_500

The real Arsene Wenger stepped forward yesterday and gave us all a taste of mighty fine reality. We had issues within the squad that needed addressing this window and the manager serviced them with Kim Kallstrom. The Swedish midfielder, most famous for being a player with exceptional Championship manager attributes 12 years ago, has joined on a 6 month loan. He’s not played for 7 weeks, so I’m unsure how long it’ll take him to get fit. He’s also not played in the fastest league in the world before. So again, as aimless punts go, he’s right up there with the best panic purchases of the last few seasons.

Now, I’m not going to slate his ability, I’ve seen him play plenty of times before over the years. I know it seems odd that I’d remember a player so unmemorable, but he was so, so good on that computer game, I had to pay close attention when he played. I had similar excitement in watching Javier Saviola, Ibrahima Bakayoko and Robert Pires. Anyway, he’s not very exciting, he’s mostly a solid, functional midfielder… but the press isn’t great around him from the French, who watched him for 7 odd years at Lyon or the Swedes, who’ve sucked up 100 caps worth of his play.

Now, I don’t want to get on his back, it’s not his fault we’ve opted for him, but come on, no one can tell me he was the plan A at the start of January. It’s like the Flamini move of last summer, a bit disappointing (and please don’t tell me you were over the moon we’d signed a player who’d left under a cloud after missing out on Bender / Ginter and Gundogan), but at least we knew he was a good player, knew the Arsenal way and he was Premiership experienced.

This whole window once again points to the absurdity of our transfer planning. We had 4 loan moves rejected on the final day if Sky Sports are to be believed. We went for a 35 year old Klose of Lazio, we asked about Papisse Cisse of Newcastle, I think Vucinic was one… and the final horror offer of the day went to Salomon Kalou. I mean honestly, can you believe that Arsene put in a phone call to Lille about him? If there was a win this transfer window, it’s the fact you’re not here right now reading me going into total meltdown about signing a totally average 29 year old from Lille.

Now, this planning cycle does come down to two things. Firstly, Wenger does all the transfer arranging. He’s the man in charge of the list. As I told you the other day, he’s been back and forthing over Draxler this month with regards to expense and in the end, he decided against him. So the manager is the guy who dithers over these things. However, Ivan has to take some flak for this… why hasn’t he put a system in place that takes some of the control off of Arsene? It’s clear we’ve needed players since the start of the season. Where is the person at the club driving those names out of the manager and making sure something comes out the other side? We really do need a Director of Football to help bring our transfer process in line with the best clubs in Europe.

A club the size of Arsenal is better than an average loan signings. Chelsea, Everton and United all managed to secure names earlier than the last day. Why were we pissing around right up to the deadline? What happened to doing your business early? Where is the ambition and the ruthlessness? We have the best chance we’ll ever have of storming the league. It’s clear we don’t have trusted cover for our two over worked centre backs, it’s clear that Jenkinson is not of the standard to fill in for Sagna, Ramsey is out for 6 weeks… I’d imagine it’ll take 4 weeks to get Kallstrom fit enough to step in… we have lost 20 goals out wide as well as the bucket load of pace Theo brings… and a year on… still not adequate replacement for Giroud.

It’s like the manager is purposefully ignoring the obvious flaws we can see are already biting the squad in the arse.

We needed a mid-season boost to the squad. It would have injected some fresh legs into a tired set up and it would have excited the players. If anything, Kallstrom will have disappointed them. He’s not a bad player, but he’s hardly a name that inspires players like Ozil. Even looking around at other signings. Chelsea landed Matic, a player who could have helped us. Everton signed that huge target man from Monaco for 6 months. Monaco loaned Berbatov. All these players could have helped out. We decided against it…

I mean, it’s not like this window was any different to the summer one which was also an absolute shambles until will fluked the deal for Ozil.

Anyway, that’s my two pennies. I might be totally wrong, but history and a quick glance as the squad numbers tells you that Arsenal winning the league this year is going to be a massive, massive ask. We could have been ruthless, we weren’t, so we’ll have to trust the manager, pray that we don’t pick up anymore injuries and see if we can blitz the second half of the season like we have done the first.

One thing to note, there’s a lot of good will that Wenger is enjoying at the moment, I’d expect much of that will dry up very quickly if things unravel in the way they normally do. He’s made a rod for his own back. He’ll no doubt sign that new deal pretty sharpish next week as well. Three more years of this.

… and to end on a positive note, Park Chu Young has joined Watford on loan. Arsenal eh? Not many teams desperate for a striker end up losing one in January!

1,141 Responses to “Deadline Day Disaster for Arsenal | Kim Kallstrom… is here.”

1. ArseneWengerNose

@Craigy
    Spot on mate. There is absloutely no justification to this awful signing. It’s one thing to say that Ramsey (OUR BEST PLAYER THIS SEASON) is out, and then bring in Arteta 2 to replace him. It’s another thing completely when that supposed replacement for an injured player, turns out to be injured HIMSELF. What a joke. Only in football I guess. This level of incomptence would surely lead to someone losing his job in the real world.

2. Norfolk

jasongmsFebruary 1, 2014 22:12:42

………………….Finally I’m starting the see the reasoning behind Arsene’s transfer philosophy”

Selling him I get, although not having a better version waiting to come in seems a bit dumb.

3. Sam

Nasri’s Mouth February 1, 2014 21:38:36
    @Dream10

Different players really

Aneke plays deeper.

Afobe definitely isn’t good enough for us IMO.

Aneke probably isn’t good enough either. He’s 20 now. If he was doing that 12-18 months ago then maybe
    ————————————————————————————————————-
    Afobe is not good enough but Bendtner and Sanogo are surely great
    Aneke is not good enough but lightweight Zelalem is in the first team.
    If you are happy with Wenger’s policy of destroying arsenal local boys then you should also supporting him for filling the club with cheap imports that have absolutely not loyalty to the club and not buying proper players.
    You can also notice his wicked way of sending them to lower divisions years after years to finish purposely stop their progress. many clubs came to watch afobe last time and he picked a lower division club.

4. Craigy

ArseneWengersNose……. Absolutely m8, there’s no way on earth anyone running a business like would still be in a job, let alone a 7m a year job! I was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw that then, it is utterly Indefensible what he’s done! Wenger just does not care, that is blatantly obvious, take a bow wenger ha ha ha

5. Sam

Sanogo supported arsenal as a boy so his place is safe.
    He can relax in the physio room
    He’s the reason why we cannot buy a striker and others will never have a chance to play.

#JOKE

6. Nasri's Mouth

RvP had 1 year left on his contract

RvP publically slagged off his team mates with the help of a journo mate

RvP publicly made his postion untenable with his statement

RvP only wanted to go to ManU.

7. Nasri's Mouth

@Sam

When you can show me a youth player who’s been dropped by Arsenal and then gone on to succeed at a top level I’ll start taking you seriously.

8. Wenger's Unused Wallet

@NM
    When we finish fourth will the season be a failure ?, and what would you change to ensure;
    1. our best players dont want to leave (bye bye jack,Ozeil, theo,carz), with the lack of winning trophies?
    2.An increase in league postion ?

i ask as wenger is faultless , what is it that is wrong with the current setup ?

9. Wenger's Unused Wallet

“Norfolk: Great, perhaps you might explain it to me, I’m particularly interested in why he sold RvP to our rivals.RvP had 1 year left on his contractRvP publically slagged off his team mates with the help of a journo mateRvP publicly made his postion untenable with his statementRvP only wanted to go to ManU.No real choice, other than keeping a player who has a reputation of falling out with his team mates even when things are going well. Massive risk keeping him”

Bollocks. The club should not have cared about what RVP wanted. they should have ;
    1. Kept the player, and let him see out his contract (as fate would have it theleague was wide open and a fit and firing RVP might have won it for ur).
    2.looked for buyers abroad who could have offered RVP the money a that the merc could have offered (PSG,Zenit,Monaco,Madrid,Barca,bayern)

The one thing you dont do is sell directly to a rival .

10. Sam

Nasri’s Mouth February 1, 2014 22:53:01
    @Sam

—————————————————————————————————————-

MANONE AND CARLOS VELA
    well maybe because they didn’t injure themselves going to stupid loans.

11. Craigy

Invincibles…… That’s it m8, some people just won’t have it, arsene wenger can do no wrong! and if we air our frustrations about the obvious flaws he has as a manager and the areas that clearly need addressing where not true fans? Fuck that I’ve supported arsenal all my life and I like the vast majority of us love this club to death, but when we see a manager for the last 8 years destroy our chances of success through sheer stubbornness and miss management we as fans have the right to air our grievances, we’ve given wenger the benefit of the doubt for far to long now, he can’t pull the wool over our eyes, well not all of us anyway ha ha, with the right additions we could have won the league from the position where in or had a real go, but no wenger ops to strengthen our depleted squad with a 31
    Year old injured loan signing, says it all about this guy doesn’t it 🙂

12. Norfolk

Nasri’s MouthFebruary 1, 2014 22:51:31

NM
    I accept the reasons for selling him but not where he was sold.
    No risk at all if AW had some balls and told him that if you make trouble you can sit in the stands for the next season or I’ll sell you abroad, up to you Robin.
    Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

13. Nasri's Mouth

@wenger’s unused Wallet

If we finish 4th from here, it’ll be a failure. I don’t think we’ll win it, never have, but we ought to right up there till the last 2-3 games.

1. We need to make sure we don’t duplicate the mistakes of last summer, and fail to bring in a top striker. None of those players will be leaving in the summer unless we want them to
    2. Buying better players will increase our chances of improving our league position

I’m not that bothered by us not signing anyone in Jan. The mistakes were made in the summer. Once players like Costa and Martinez made it clear they weren’t moving, and Morata etc. were told they couldn’t leave then there wasn’t much left. Maybe Berbatov, but I honestly can’t get pissed off by us not signing him.

14. Nasri's Mouth

@Norfolk

15. jasongms

@Norfolk

I was taking the piss ,which isn’t hard to do at the minute .

16. Sam

Yaya Toure was actually Lucky to be rejected.
    had he stayed maybe he would have turned into Johan Djourou

Just like Dial said, Wenger turns players into Fishermen

17. Nasri's Mouth

@wengers unused wallet

Bollocks ? You can’t force a player to sign for a club he doesn’t want to.

18. Norfolk

Nasri’s MouthFebruary 1, 2014 23:11:54
    @NorfolkWell, Juventus were never going to offer us anything like the money ManU did. They’re not spending any money. But the real reason is you just can’t force a player to sign a contract with a club unless he wants to. He only ever wanted ManUSo we were stuck with ManU or keeping him in the reserves. And like I say that’s too big a risk given his temperment. You’d literally have to keep him away from the rest of the squad, and then you risk back page headlines. Could have been an absolute nightmare.

Up to him…..play in the stiffs or sit in the stands.
    Maybe just man up/shut up and score some goals.

19. Nasri's Mouth

20. Sam

Nasri do you know why you are so naïve?

If any club had this set of players would have produce success.
    Only wilshere made first team and still struggling, maybe its time you look at the club

21. jasongms

@ Wenger’s Unused Wallet

well said ! after the 8-2 calamity and then the RVP transfer . I became firmly in the Get Arsene the fuck out of Arsenal Brigade !

22. ArseneWengerNose

@Nasri’s Mouth
    I agree with you on the whole Van Persie to United deal. It’s just sickenning seeing it happen over and over again, with star players bing sold to Man City in particular, one of our main rivals.

23. Norfolk

asongmsFebruary 1, 2014 23:13:12
    @Norfolk I was taking the piss ,which isn’t hard to do at the minute . On a brighter note Manu could/should be 15 points behind us after the Palace game . Who would have thought !

Ah I did wonder.
    I have a soft spot for Palace, I used to go with my Grandad in the mid 60’s

24. Nasri's Mouth

@Norfolk

And if he spends all his time talking to more journalists, passing out club secrets, continuing to undermine his team-mates.

Confidence is huge in football, imagine the damage he could have done to our squad.

Look, we could have kept him and he’d have decided to make the best of a bad job.

He could…

Or he might not, and that’s not worth the risk

25. leon

Nasri’ i 100% agree it wenger never going get top striker in jan but 37 mill on a unproven rookie particually an attacking midfielder when we have so may does make much sense to me

26. ArseneWengerNose

“Nasri’s MouthFebruary 1, 2014 23:18:04
    Nothing wrong with selling RvP, everything wrong with not properly replacing him, either that summer, or when Podolski, Giroud didn’t work out to be good enough as starters, last summer”

You beat me to it.

27. Nasri's Mouth

ArseneWengerNose: The problem isn’t that Van Persie left for United. The problem is, 4 transfer markets later, we’re still looking for a replcement!

Exactly. Only good news is that with no make weight striker signed in Jan, we’ll definitely have to sort it this summer, but it’s small comfort really. We should have sorted it last summer

28. Norfolk

NM

“Or he might not, and that’s not worth the risk”.

Bigger risk selling him to our rivals so he can help them win the league like he did.
    For me it’s all about who runs things at the club.

First time he leaks anything I’d send him home.
    See what a year in the stands does to his prospects.

29. jasongms

“You really want a bitchy tetchy player who’s absolutely been angling for a move for months, to stay at the club and expect him to contribute anything ? Madness”

you mean just like Suarez …. Cause he really hasn’t done much this season , now has he :/

what’s madness is the amount of invention “fans” use to conceal Arsene’s negligence

30. MarbleHall

Their are a lot of bitchy techy players at Arsenal: Anelka, Petit, Overmars, Van Bronckhorst, Vieira, Reyes, Cole, Henry, Flamini, Hleb, Toure, Adebayor, Clichy, Nasri, Fabregas, Song and Van Persie all have been sold by Wenger directly to rival clubs.

31. ArseneWengerNose

@Nasri’s Mouth
    I still would’ve prefered a short term solution to no solution at all. You know that Wenger will play Giroud until he can’t stand on his feet anymore. That Monaco guy, Traore, wasn’t bad, I watched him with Anzi awhile ago in the Euro League. And Berbatov has experience and good techincal abilites, he would’ve relished the chance at playing for a top team again.

We lack depth to be honest, we’ve got bodies but Wenger clearly has his best 11, and has little trust in the back-up players. We’re one injury to either Mertesacker or Kosicelny from a big problem defensively, with Vermaelen barely getting any games. And in the middle I thought we looked average against Southampton with Flamini and Arteta. Kallstrom clearly is similar and doesn’t provide the same energy Wilshere and Ramsey can. Depending on how long they’re out, we might have big problems down the road.

If Wenger’ methodology holds for the summer, we’re fucked.
    He’ll vacation with French TV all through the World Cup till July.
    Mope about complaining about disliking the transfer window till early August.
    Walk away from realistic targets because we underbid by a few millions.
    Then well scamper around like headless chickens at the 11th hour and end up with another variant of Park and Squilachi.

Tomorrow is going to be difficult if we don’t score early.
    Anyone who’s seen Palace knows they are playing very well. They’ve given City their biggest test at home do far. They are not going down with Pulis.
    They also reinforced with the typical Pulis players over the window

34. ArseneWengerNose

Ibrahimovic is class now, but how big of a douche do you have to be to reject a trial when you’re a nobody in the world of football.

Still there is a reason he never seems to settle anywhere, and whores around Europe. Probably wouldn’t have lasted long with us anyway.

35. ArseneWengerNose

“Can you trust Wenger to identify a target ahead of time and relentlessly pursue that target to completion without drama?.”

I really, really don’t. I mean, how can you if you’ve followed the club the last decade.

36. leon

i think you have to remember there alot games to and in particualy in cb position ist very difficult get good partnership when constantly change but i am complete loss why wenger did not buy another cb

37. ArseneWengerNose

@Sam
    That’s probably what’s going to happen. The irony Walcott doesn’t even play as a striker, but you can bet on Wenger, and whoever defends him mindlessly, to use Theo as an excuse not to sign anybody.

38. N5

Let’s not over sell it Dissenter, Palace have beaten Stoke, WBA and Hull recently, they drew to Norwich and lost to Tottenham. In fact I don’t think they’ve managed to beat any of the top 8 clubs this season, maybe even the top 10 so lets not make out were facing a real force tomorrow. -16 goal difference and playing away!

39. Sam

I have nothing against Sanogo I hope he succeeds I am against the precial treatment is getting, He doesn’t have to work hard like others to win a first team place.

He doesn’t even need reserve games after a long spell, straight back in the squad.

Wow!

40. Keyser

Sam during the summer you kept asking why Afobe hadn’t been taken on the tour to the Far East, 3 times I had to tell you it’s because he was injured, had been out for months after doing his cruciate.

What’s wrong with you ?

jasongms – Van Persie was on something like 90k a week, half the people on here thought he wasn’t worth that because of his injury record but Arsenal and Wenger gave him the contract.

They stuck by him, and rather than sign a new contract he was prepared to run it down to the last year and seemingly leave on a free, he was about to turn 29 and just happened to stay injury free for 18 months, playing at a level Suarez has yet to reach. Citeh were supposedly prepared to offer him 300k a week.

He went to United, after 8 years with us, all the work, the game-time, the trust, he finally came good, but decided we were no longer worthy and was issuing statements about ambition and intent on his own website.

Suarez signed a 5 and a 1/2 year deal in the 2010-11 season, he joined at 23-24, last year he signed another long term contract for some reason and Liverpool put him on 120k a week, after the interest this season he’s signed another contract with Liverpool and is supposedly now on close to 200k a week.

The situations aren’t close to the same.

41. ArseneWengerNose

@N5
    They still played really well at City. And against Tottenham they really should’ve been ahead in the first half, if it wasn’t for the worst penalty in the world.

We should still win, but the boys have to be up for a fight, because you know Pulis will have his players ready.

42. N5

AWN, they gave Citeh a good game but they never looked like scoring and Tottenham are gash so I wouldn’t use them to gauge anything.

The only way they will get a draw or win against us is if we play worse than we did against Southampton and I’ve not seen us play that bad in years.

43. Keyser

Not sure but I think Palace have kept 6 clean sheets since Pulis took over, or up until the mid-week game, can’t remember their result.

44. Jake

How come nobody’s has corrected Sam’s claim that we rejected Yaya Toure? We couldn’t get a permit for him, we wanted him, no doubt. Both he an Wenger have said it before.

45. Keyser

N5 – Mate this is football, and the premiership, we battered West Ham, Allardiche sent out the kids and Forest beat them 5-0 or 5-1 or something, Citeh put 9 past them over two legs without reply, then Chelsea at home took 35 odd shots and didn’t score.

It always happens, goalies have blinders, because they come to the Emirates to play the Arsenal and the adrenalin gets them through, they’ll probably be knackered for the game after but by then they’ve got a draw or a cheeky win at one of the big clubs.

Or we might crush them, heh.

46. ArseneWengerNose

@N5
    I’d like to see the OX start on Sunday, next to Arteta. He’ll provide the energy we lacked against Southampton.

I just hope we start the game aggressively. Not like we did against Fulham and Everton at home.

Whatever happened to Rosicky?

47. Sam

Poor old B52,

He will be kicked out of the bench soon for sure.
    There is a little time left and French Fa are desperate for strikers

48. N5

AWN I agree, Ox could provide the missing kick that we have needed. TR would be perfect for tomorrow, Is he injured does anyone know?

49. N5

Keyser, don’t put doubt in my mind. Earlier I was convinced we’d get a win, I promised my blind, one legged, orphan neighbour that we would win, don’t make me a liar!

50. tunnygriffboy

Mail reckons Rvp not settled in with the ‘Cheshire set’ and wife missing London.They reckon he’d come back to Arsenal in the summer at 15 mill. What you guys reckon ?

51. N5

tunny no one would want him. He wouldn’t be welcome. Wenger would never forgive him for thinking he is bigger than the club and Wenger!

52. Sam

Jake February 2, 2014 00:03:23
    —————————————————————————————————————–
    Hmmmmm Kolo and Eboue both got a work permit and they all went through Belgium
    I think Ivorians still have some immigration privilege there or used to have.

Could have signed him then send him on loan back to Belgium or france.

Et voila!

53. Keyser

“Could have signed him then send him on loan back to Belgium or france.”

He didn’t want a loan deal, he wanted something permanent and guaranteed game-time.

So went off to Russia or Greece somewhere.

Mate I admire your dedication to the youth, but sort it out, like Frimpong, he fucked up big-time, had what was needed was too thick to see it through, now he can go pull girls in Barnsley.

54. Sam

N5,

How long does it take for an African professional footballer to obtain citizenship in france or Belgium?

I mean we are still waiting for Wellington.
    I am not drunk, the work permit issue with yaya toure is debatable.
    I am sure Wenger knows it wasn’t going to take long he was not the first French African he dealt with.

in short, he didn’t bother

55. Sam

Keyser,

We signed Kolo when he had zero international cap
    How did his brother fail to get work permit.

Just ask yourself

Wenger can lie, he’s human

56. tunnygriffboy

Odious Moaninho whingeing that Man City finances should be investigated in light of FFP. You couldn’t make it up. He’s a foul iindividual, a total hypocrite on so many things the eye gouger.

57. MarbleHall

Wenger is an odious bare faced liar who sold Nasri after saying you can not be classed a big club if you sell your star players.
    He’s also paradoxically admitted to lying to the press in order to avoid answering awkward questions.

58. sylvain

Huge protestation from newcastle fans today, they are angry about the club decision to sell cabaye and they show it.

Arsenal fans never show their anger by those kind of way, that’s why wenger is feeling so safe.

90% from the fans are just sheeps.

59. jasongms

@Keyser

you keep spinning that tosh all you like .

The fact is RVP was in all due respect a world class talent even at feyenoord , He had injury problems and the club stood by him ,which was more to do with convenience than intention.

To say that we can’t compare RVP to Suarez because they had differing contracts is also a fallacy . They as I believe, they were both contracted to their respected clubs , anything else is irrelevant. Both unashamedly wanted out ( went to great lengths to force a move ) . Yet we were the club to capitulate and acquiesce to RVP’s demands .

We can all speculate as to what would have happened had he stayed , but the fact is that he was sold and then went on to (almost single handedly ) win the league for United . That is termed a dereliction of duty and negligent in the business world . And if as Arsene/the board would have us believe , “that we are run as a business” then they are complicit and should be held accountable . certainly not given a new contract !

To top it off RVP still hasn’t been replaced ..

60. Keyser

“you keep spinning that tosh all you like .”

Have I been rude to you ?

World class talent at Feyenoord ? No he wasn’t, he was a kid with a whole load of potential and just as much of an attitude.

The club stood by him because they believed in him, convenience ? letting a 21 year old learn from some of the best in the game, give him game-time and then a first team place ? To stick with him, despite allegations, or red cards, or his injuries.

No, the situations weren’t the same at all, different ages, different clubs, different contracts, different stages of their career and fulfillment of whatever potential they had.

Haven’t even mentioned the lengths Liverpool went to, to support Suarez when he was being the mentalist, I mean Dalgish had everyone wear T-shirts in support and the club got ridiculed for it.

He’s served double figures in games banned, but is on 200k a week, he’s had 3 different contracts in the space of 3 – 4 years and now has a contract until 2018.

Mate, you want to have a fit, come on here and vent your spleen, fine, don’t get rude and don’t make up stuff that is blatantly false, I don’t get it ?

If you’re that consumed by hate/anger, go down the ground and vent there, do something about it.

Or we can talk football on here, like adults, not quite, well you know since we are discussing football, but as adults.

61. jasongms

@Keyser

rude would be calling you a deluded cunt …..

To say that ” i’m making stuff up ” is the height of asininity … actually it’s not high ,it’s deep, like a well… empty and very deep..

so the question should be how deep it is ? 🙂

lets just say we agree to disagree .

62. Keyser

“The fact is RVP was in all due respect a world class talent even at feyenoord ”

“which was more to do with convenience than intention.”

“To say that we can’t compare RVP to Suarez because they had differing contracts is also a fallacy”

“They as I believe, they were both contracted to their respected clubs , anything else is irrelevant”

“That is termed a dereliction of duty and negligent in the business world .”

You’re worse than that Invincibles dude, did he lend you his sense of humour ?

63. jasongms

“which was more to do with convenience than intention.”

obviously we couldn’t afford to replace him and buy another talent . especially the way the market changed post 2005 and our financial commitments. So yes we conveniently kept him ,if we had the financial resources we may indeed have replaced him . Then again the way Arsene loves to horde his toys i.e diaby ,that’s debatable .

Did they both have legal binding contracts ? ummm YES

see above

“That is termed a dereliction of duty and negligent in the business world .”
    is that statement wrong ?

please stop , your’e just proving my point that you a deluded cunt 🙂

64. Keyser

“was that not the case ? Are you saying he wasn’t a WC talent ? you should do some research !”

“especially the way the market changed post 2005 and our financial commitments.”

Do you remember Adebayor ? Or how much we bought and sold him for, think about it in and out, scoring 30 goals, with 20 million pounds worth of profit before Van Persie finally hit his stride after 7 years.

“Did they both have legal binding contracts ? ummm YES ”

Likewise the rest, you basically want to call someone a cunt, you’re going to whine and bitch reagrdless.

Just come out and say it next time, you’re soo upset, you can’t think straight, it’s cool mate, it’s been 8 years without a trophy, don’t try and be smart about it, just lead with it.

65. jasongms

“I told you what he was, a kid with potential, that’s all, he wasn’t World Class anything.”
    RVP won every youth award there is in Holland … Not world class talent ,really ! No you’re absolutely right , he was one of Arsene’s miracles .

Did we reinvest the profit in talent or service the debt ? RVP was in and out of the treatment room if I remember correctly , nothing to do with hitting his stride , everything to do with remaining healthy . You act as if RVP magically became world class over night . the talent was always there , like i said do some research and stop blindingly accepting the company line .

“Me and you both breathe oxygen from the atmosphere, does that mean we’re completely alike ? What are you on about ?”

sorry I fail to see the correlation between a binding contract and breathing air , really poor analogy !

Like I said, lets agree to disagree

I”m done

66. useroz

BBC says our medical told wenger Kim has aback injury and woild miss 6 weeks.. and Wenger still went ahead with the loan. Classic.

Does the club/ Wenger know Ramsey wouldn’t be back for way more than 4 to 6 weeks?

67. Leedsgunner

“The 31-year-old, who has been capped more than 100 times by his country, is expected to miss Arsenal’s two matches against Liverpool as well as games against Manchester United, Bayern Munich in the Champions League and Sunderland.”

Nice for KK to join us to become a cheerleader – healthcare tourist!!!

Still can’t believe Wenger signed off on it. Why didn’t Gazidas say no?!?

Draxler’s injury we all knew about and widely reported. Unless I’m mistaken I didn’t hear a pip about this fellow’s injury.

It’s not like we can send his club the bill for the rehab either b/c Wenger brought him in with full knowledge of the injury.

Whatever the result versus Palace I hope someone asks him straight why Kallstrom was signed.

We look like muppets.

68. ArseneWengerNose

@Leedsgunner
    He already said why, to replace the injured Ramsey. He signed an injured player to replace another injured player. That was the thought process behind it all.

And he’s getting a new deal. I swear football is the only business that rewards incompetence. Guranateed contracts for rubbish players based on potential. I made a huge career blunder when I was a kid, should’ve played more footy.

69. Moray

Jesus! Typical Wenger that! So kallstrom may be match fit by mid April, by which time Ramsey will have returned anyway. Probably Wenger owed someone a favour like with the park deal, which cost the club millions. Can nobody at Arsenal control this man? Simply has to be his last year.

70. Invincibles

Your wasting your breath guys, these people are idiots. No matter what arsene does they will back him to the hilt. They think they are the voice of reason but what they fail to understand is that they are as much to blame for our stagnation under wenger, as wenger and the board. By blindly following like good little sheep they are allowing wenger to make a fool out of OUR club. You only need to look at the KK signing to realise Wenger and the board don’t give a fuck about the fans. They sit their backing him thinking that their lord and master loves them. Fools. If somehow we fuck up today against palace, there will be a million excuses as to why wengers not to blame….the ref, the linesman, oil money, pesky russkies etc etc. Pathetic like le cunt. 10 years of nothing and the man gets rewarded. Madness. Usmanov if you genuinely care for Arsenal like you claim you do, then please buy out ruggie stan, fire wenger and bring some dignity, respect and a will to win back to the club.

71. Leedsgunner

Thanks for posting that Dan A. How ANYONE can defend that — I would love to see esp from Wenger. It would have Been better to have signed no one than to have signed this doughnut.

But of course he couldn’t have done that because he was worried about how HE would look. Did he for one minute think about the CLUB and her REPUTATION?

The fact that this transfer went ahead at all tell everyone who is to blame and why he has to go. I still can’t believe it. Honestly someone should play that clip at the next AGM when WENGER’s contract comes up for discussion or when GAZIDAS starts spouting about how we’re ready to sign big players.

NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB. NOT ME, NOT YOU and NOT WENGER.

SHAME ON YOU WENGER. YOU ARE A DISGRACE.

72. Leedsgunner

Invincibles

Utter shambles… and he gets a new contract?!? What?!? I’m beyond angry. I’m just so sad for the club and her good name, and how it is now being used by Wenger to wipe his sorry arse.

73. ArseneWengerNose

@Leedsgunner
    That I believe is one of the things people forget. No one indeed is bigger than the club.

I support the players who play for us, and who give 100% on the field, that’ll never change, I’ll support them on Sunday just like on any other day. What I don’t support is incompetence, and people who hide behing the club’s name, and behind past glories. Ten years and we’re still rebuilding? Ten years and somehow Arsenal fans should be thankful that we are, sorry, were top of the league at the beginning of the year? I call bullcrap. Being a fan doesn’t mean taking all this crap, while the prices are going up every season, and the weight on our wallets keeps increasing.

This is total nonsense. What kills me is that there is no real accountability, no judgement, no one can get answers from those pricks. We just have to accept it and move on. “You make the Premier League” they say? I think us fans are the most taken for granted in this whole process, and the ones who get bled the most. Some days I wonder, why bother.

74. kc

Obviously Wenger had to sign a new bench captain after parting ways with Park. Seriously though WTF is the purpose in signing a crocked midfielder when we already have two injured and one on a four match ban? It’s bewildering.

75. Leedsgunner

Kallstrom can’t even be the water boy because he would probably throw his back out. You have to laugh to about it because it’s pathetic enough to cry.

76. SFGiants

Just another example for us to chuckle about in our declining years, someone to join the likes of Santos and Park.

77. Moray

Haha. He is literally useless to us. Maybe he has a hot wife?

78. Moray

One of the reasons put around why schalke were unwilling to sell the Drax is that it was too late in the window to find a replacement. Yet another indictment against our January sales approach to transfers, if one was needed? Or maybe dick law prefers the last minute approach so he can open negotiations with our “final offer”. I’m surprised he hasn’t been thrown through a window, tbh

79. SUGA3

Dannyboy,

no jolly leave from the eastern front for this one then 😆

the answer from Spartak will likely be ‘bumaga jest bumaga’ (paper is paper)…

80. Johnty79

All u lot who backed wenger this season deserve what’s going to happen. We about to be collapse in the biggest way. 5th place, Ozil to leave. We’ll be lucky to get 25m on his wages. Wenger to leave in the summer with a 24m pay off.

Martinez or potchitino, laudrup are what we need.

81. SUGA3

the thing is that according to the stadium loan deal, we HAVE TO spend a pretty high percentage of profit investing into the playing squad, hence with the steep increase in income from stadium naming and kit sponsorship deals, there is no way we will not strengthen in the summer…

now, do I trust these lemons with this sort of money? admittedly, Ozil was sorted out wham-bam, thank you ma’am quickly, but seeing how they butchered this transfer window, am I confident in them doing good business in the WC summer?

82. Thank you and goodnight

Some one mentally stable would be nice. And before I get slagged off for taking mickey out of people with mental illnesses, well I’m not. I’m deadly serious. No way would the Wenger of 10 years ago behaved like this. It’s a shame he is destroying his legend status (for a few of us at least), and no one at the club cares enough for him to ask why.

83. SpanishDave

Apparently Wenger looked into the medical centre andsaw that it wasnt full enough so he told them to buy kk to fill it up, Cant have the meducal team twiddling their thumbs

84. Romford Pele

Understand the frustration, I share it too but the reaction is well over the top.

Anyway hope the people going today get behind the lads, they deserve it at the very least.

85. Rhys Jaggar

‘MorayFebruary 2, 2014 08:11:03
    Leeds “Kallstrom can’t even be the water boy because he would probably throw his back out.”Haha. He is literally useless to us. Maybe he has a hot wife?We signed a guy for five months who is match rusty and out for 6 weeks injured to cover a guy on a four game suspension and another who is also out for 6 weeks injured. Am I missing something here? I mean I get the joke but is there any other signification here?’

The final part of the joke is that the injury occurred whilst Spartak Moscow were on tour in, you guessed it, Abu Dhabi, land of their Holinesses, the Al Khalifa Royal Family.

I’m sure it’s all just coincidence, just another of those bits of luck that Man City are getting this season!!

But if you were a City fan, you’d be wetting yourself with laughter hearing that.

86. SUGA3

RP,

they sure do need every last bit of help they need, the difficulty here is that one needs a big dose of Stockholm Syndrome to get over that Swedish transfer window PR coup

87. Jeff

I think it all stems from Wenger having too much involvement in the job of “dealing” in the transfer. There are just not enough hours in the day for any manager to do his most important job (i.e. manage and coach the team) and all the other stuff that happens – especially at a big club like Arsenal – it’s literally unheard of.

When any transfer window opens, the manager still has all the other things to attend to so the “dealing” part of it is immediately an extra burden which I’m sure there is simply no time dedicate oneself properly and effectively. So I think that is why we tend to leave things to the last day hoping it works out.

If we’ve learnt anything from past transfer windows, it is that Wenger (by choice I believe) tends to get too involved. As many have pointed out – he should be picking the targets and leaving the wheeling and dealing to whose job it is to do it. For example I don’t think anyone has the power to increase a bid (for any amount) without Wenger’s approval. Dick Law is given a maximum figure to bid with and if the selling club asks for any more – that’s pretty much it. Perhaps that simplifies it a bit but that’s how it seems.

So in future transfer windows I would suggest management take away that burden from Wenger which will give us a bit more time to sort out our targets in the transfer market. If the two clubs cannot agree, we have time to move to the next one on the list.

The bottom line is: it doesn’t have to be this way.

88. El Tel

I see the return of the dormers (Imposters) today.

Of course it is frustrating and makes our Club look cheap because we didn’t buy a big star in January.

To say they didn’t try to replace the fairy Queen or go for another striker is actually wrong.

He wanted Suarez, Liverpool didn’t sell. He wanted Ba, Moaninhio wouldn’t let him go. We had a number of loan deals turned down for whatever reasons. The Drax wanted to sign but his Club pulled the plug.

If that is not trying then what can be done?

The thing that is annoying for me is that as usual Arsenal left things to the last minute. Is this more to stop the current players getting pissed off. I mean Giroud said He didn’t want us to sign another forward.

Notice Giroud has scored a few in January, was this because he knew his place was on the line?

Be prepared for the worst summer ever. Players will not want to sign before the WC as it will play on their minds during that competition.

89. Romford Pele

Yeah Suga, I have no real words for the KK saga, it’s baffling really. I said before that I’d rather not have signed anyone than signed him.

We’ll see what happens. For the next couple games it’ll be Arteta with one of Rosicky/Ox beside him.

90. Nasri's Mouth

RP: I said before that I’d rather not have signed anyone than signed him.

If it wasn’t for the Ramsey / Flamini situation I guess we wouldn’t have signed anyone

91. SUGA3

El Tel,

mate, there is no defending this, Wenger has thrown in the towel, plain and simple!

RP,

exactly, with signing some pot bellied crock we have made ourselves look like mugs, we should not have touched him and with the way the Draxler story is being spun today, we would look OK(ish) IMO

92. Dannyboy

I think we should all bow to Johtny79’s superior knowledge..

I mean clearly the guy is streets ahead of any of us when it comes to knowing Arsenal.

93. SUGA3

El Tel,

we embarrassed ourselves with tabling £40M + £1 for Suarez because we tried to be clever cunts, you wanna bet we tried to be clever cunts with Schalke too?

of course, we should not just go around chucking money away like we are Citeh, but there is no time in January and you know full well that if Draxler has a good World Cup, he is as good as gone somewhere else, because Wenger will shy away from any sort of bidding competition, let alone a war…

94. El Tel

SUGA

I am certainly not defending him, you would know that. I just feel there are certain individuals who are not Arsenal fans and they wait the opportunity to use their poi on.

Hope you are ok Mate. You are always a good poster on this great site.

95. El Tel

Agree SUGA totally agree.

Wenger has dug himself out of an hole and is now reverting to type because he has had a bit of success with a few results.

96. SUGA3

El Tel,

not complaining one bit, hope the life is treating you kindly too 😉

I think Wenger will rapidly lose that goodwill capital earned with Ozil signing if things start going south, where avoiding the latter will be a major miracle, still, I am pretty much grateful for that Villa result and the threat of the stadium becoming a ghost town, which effectively triggered the move…

shame he has just signed the new deal and we will just have more of the same ‘never try, never fail’ shit sandwich for the next three seasons…

97. TooMuchCesc

Kallstrom signing mystery solved. It was all a mistaken identity thing ( like the Senderos to Valencia transfer).

Somewhere on a huge ranch in the US Midwest on transfer deadline day…….

Kroenke: So what’s the latest on that transfer stuff?

Assistant: Well sir, we’ve sold Frimpong.

K: Pingpong? Oh the club’s Twitter guy. Good. More money saved.

A: We also sent Park on loan to Watford.

K: Hmm….not sure about that one.

A: And we’re looking at someone named Kim.

K: That Arsene’s a smart fella. Like for like huh?

A: But he may have a back problem.

K: Hell boy, I don’t care if he’s in a full body cast, we can’t have Watford selling more shirts than us in Korea. Get Kim!!!

A: But sir, I don’t think….

K: Don’t argue with me. Tell them to sign Kim!!!

A: Yes sir. Right away.

98. Guns of brixton

What BS. Mail on sunday claiming that RVP is eyeing a return to Arsenal, after being ‘disillusioned’ at manure. yeah, damn right its disillusioned.