Puma deal lands | Cesc, Aguerro and Falcao | Bony or Remy for Arsenal?

by & filed under News Review.

A lot of news hit the airwaves last night, some of it Arsenal, some of it affects Arsenal. All of it quite interesting with summer rolling in fast.

The most shocking was the story around Alex Ferguson and his mooted resignation from United. The 71 year old has a hip replacement geared up for this summer and apparently has various other health issues. Going on forever isn’t an option, going out at the top is. It’d make sense. United haven’t commented on it due to stock exchange rules, apparently players have been briefed.

This is supposed to be shock news… so what does the succession plan look like? Early rumours are pushing David Moyes as a prime candidate. That would be bold. Either way, this will likely spell turbulence for a club which is known to have factions that have been bound together by Fergie and his iron grip.

News piece number two kind of lends itself to a number of things I’ve been telling you about the reorganisation of the backroom team at Arsenal. Roman Abramovich has reached an impasse with Madrid over Mourinho. Firstly because his buyout clause is a whopping £16.9m.

Secondly, because of the composition of his backroom team. Mourinho brings his own men, which comes at a premium cost. Which means there is a premium cost when they’re sacked. £18m was spent shifting them on last time. It also means that as an owner, you don’t own the relationship, which from a political perspective means trouble. Arsene has built ‘yes men’ towers around him as has AVB at Spurs. Whereas clubs like Swansea and Barcelona own the infrastructure.

This is the shift from football being about the manager, to it being about the composition of the backroom team.

Again, it’ll probably get resolved, but it’s interesting watching it unfold.

The major Arsenal news from last night was the new kit deal. It was described as a knock out last week in the meeting I attended, and boy has it delivered (until United announce their deal I must prewarn). We’re partnering with Puma for £170m for 5 seasons. £30m a year (£20m in bonuses). The biggest kit deal in the world. We’re the first major club Puma have snared globally which is where the premium will have come from. A major Japanese clothing brand also tested the water as well. Nike and Adidas passed. To be honest, they’re both relatively saturated in the UK market. Nike are probably sweating about the potential bankruptcy they’re facing with United’s new demands. I’m excited about the Puma tie up. They make great kits and when you’re the jewel in the crown, which we weren’t with Nike, you get the best training kits and shirts.

Not just that people. Guess who is on their books from a boot deal perspective?

Squillaci: Check

Giroud: Check

Aguerro: Check

Falcao: Check

Cesc: Cheeeeeeeeeeecccccccckkkkkkkkkkk!

Eboue: Oh do one.

I’m not sure having a boot deal with a kit maker ever makes a difference. It’s always one of those paper speculations that never comes to anything. We can but dream eh?

So, the comms team finally earning their corn eh? 3 deals in a week when you factor the IOT deal I didn’t mentioned. So our commercial revenue has just jumped £60m as of next season, plus the additional revenue we’ll pick up from the smaller secondary deals… plus the additional TV cash everyone is getting.

Football is swimming in money. So much for the death of the league eh? Just when you think it’s all going down the toilet, the TV companies throw another wedge of cash our way. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in La Liga, where the cash doesn’t get distributed fairly.

The important point is that all this signifies is an industrial estate of full of excuses being bulldozed away. This summer, the opportunity is there. We have to pray for a Chelsea win tonight. If we get it, this season has to be the last we ever try and wing. It always has to be about having the best squad our finances will stretch to. Our vision of a best team won’t always land the biggest prizes, but from a fan perspective, most all of us care about is that the club matches the ambition we show as fans. As long as we can head into each season excited about what could happen, I’d be ok with the outcome… for me, the negativity around the club centres around the lack of ambition. Hopefully with all these new deals dropping we’ll go out and make things happen.

An interesting story in the Daily Star has the board and Wenger at logger heads over Loic Remy and Wilfried Bony. The board want Bony who has amassed 31 goals in 24 games for Vitesse. The manager wants Remy. Now, this seems pretty fanciful journalism. Wenger will get whomever he wants. However, what I will say, if you get a chance, take a look at this Bony guy, he’s an absolute monster of a player. Huge! That said, remember Alfonso Alves? Scored more goals that Ruud Van Horseface… what happened to him? Totally shocking.

Right, that’s all I have time for today… get stuck into the comments.

P.S. Who had a ticket renewal notice? FFS…

Also, I made an appearance on the Footballistically Arsenal Podcast. Take a listen here.

620 Responses to “Puma deal lands | Cesc, Aguerro and Falcao | Bony or Remy for Arsenal?”

1. gambon

Also, if we convert the odds of Spurs having a WWW sequence into odds = ie 6% cobverted to odds gives a fair price of roughly 15.6 – 1

So if you can find a bookie offering 16-1 or better on Spurs winning their next 3 games, you should bet the house.

And that is called Statistical Arbitrage, and its how banks make money every day.

2. Kiyoshi Ito

RazMay 8, 2013 12:57:50

You are a real touchy fellow..

I was not referring to you..

Look to my post FAOKiyoshi ItoMay 8, 2013 12:42:33

The last post,was in no way directed at you..It was directed elsewhere..

3. Kiyoshi Ito

El PigeMay 8, 2013 13:08:11

Another blindside..Did not see that one..

But that’s just wishful thinking..!!

4. KJafc

Mystic,

No problem. But if my Auntie had swingers, she’ld be my uncle!

Look, if the best is available, say Messi or Ronaldo, I would pay £300k per week no problem. But, if the Arab and Russian want him, where does it end. No guarantee we would win a bidding war where they dont have aceileing.

The big Polish striker is a point in question. If we all go in for him, could we realistically be the highest bidders?

I am sick and tired of us signing ‘future prospects’, we need some proven quality to add to the current squad. Giroud tries hard but is he World class? We are a few signings away from challenging and we have the cash to capitalise. The Puma deal alone is just under £600,000 per week and that is before adding the cash released from the dross we will be sacking. If Wenger spends this wisely over the next couple of years, we could end up with one hell of a team.

Arse@nose
    Man Utd will lose the Fergie intimidation factor and the referee appointment scam with his mate Mike Riley, will be over. I don’t go in for conspiracy theories but the Man Utd manipulation of match officials and their appointment, needs addressing. Grahams polls book makes interesting reading.

You are right of course, it runs much deeper and Man Utd have been very smart. I would think as many as 18 points are guaranteed on the back of the culture of influence, maybe more. Hence why there European success does not reflect the dominance in the PL. Two CL is a terrible return for the biggest club in the World with all their resources and the so called greatest manager of all time. They don’t wield the same power or influence in Europe, perhaps that explains it all. Who knows.

5. samsenal

Gambon, Chelsea win can’t be 50%. Draw’s got to be higher.

Spurs 25%, Draw 45%, Chelsea 30%

6. Kwik fit

Mike Phelan ‘ Fergies gone but I’m still here , you know I’ve been waiting 26 years , as the big limousine put out off fergies’ drive’

Fuck off Fergie and good riddles 🙂

7. Nasri's Mouth

@El Pige

I hope you got bloody good odds on that one. It’s sounding more and more like it will be Moyes.

8. Johnty79

Gambon, in all honesty do you want us to miss out on champs league…missing out will mean that puma deal is for nothing but I like the fact that gazidas, kronke And wenger lose money…….

I think it will be a 3:3 draw tonight.

9. El Pige

Sky Bet offering odds on Cantona. They surely would not bring an actor in to boss at the Theatre of Dreams. The press would have a field day with the headlines.

I would love Vieira back at Arsenal in some capacity much the same way i would love to see Bergkamp given a role. They were legends for our club.

10. gambon

Samsenal

No chance. Draws are usually 2-1 regardless of who plays.

Chelsea have drawn 23% of their home games, and won 65%.

Spurs have drawn 18% of their away games, and lost 29%

Pretty hard to conclude 45% chance of a draw.

11. lord snotty

What odds Chel$ki doing us a BIG favour tonight and then we go and blow it by losing to Wigan and/or Newcastle? Wenger’s teams have a habit of f***ing it up in crucial games.

So Fergie is retiring on health grounds?! TAKE THE HINT WENGER!

12. samsenal

Gambon, I am satisfied with my figures and i reject yours utterly.

Should Chelsea secure a relatively comfortable victory i will apologise for doubting you so publicly.

Until that day, I am King.

13. Johnty79

Realistic team for next year….

Poldolski giroud
    Cazorla wilshere arteta Walcott
    Montreal mert koz Sagna
    Schezzer

Not great ….

Begovic, strootman,Draxler,remy,samba will give us options but wenger will never sign this many players

14. Kiyoshi Ito

KJafcMay 8, 2013 13:11:09
    ———————————

& so that stops us from buying the likes of Ozil,Mata,Falcao,Cavani,Ba,Alonso,
    Di-maria..etc,etc..

So we should all down our tools,because Man City & Chelsea will just stockpile all the best players in the world,whilst we happily sell them RVP,Nasri,Cole..etc,etc..

————————————-
    KJafcMay 8, 2013 13:11:09
    ——————————–

& how is that impacted us in the domestic cups?

B’ham
    Bradford
    Blackburn..

Poor Mr Wenger,hard done by,does not get the breaks,he deserves..

Yeah 2CL’s a terrible return for SAF..

No trophies for Mr Wenger,over 9 years..
    Poor Mr Wenger,he does not get the deserved breaks..

Maybe he should dip into his £7.5million pocket& start buying some influence in the EPL..

Hold on,he influences the EPL,by selling the top clubs our best players& pocketing some residual cash..

Naah..”Just my imagination-running away with me”..Like the song goes..

15. Nasri's Mouth

Just hope for their sack Everton don’t get Redknapp as a replacement for Moyes. They’re already on the edge.

16. Cloggs

Zoran,
    Your “comparison” is about achievements, not money, as was mine.
    Picking a certain timespan that’s suites you in favour of the other is senseless.

17. gambon

Think its just best if Chelsea win, as it would allow us to draw a game.

With Wigan looking like a very easy game, a Chelsea win would be huge.

18. samsenal

Vix, do you think Wenger Happily sold Nasri (the player himself said Kroenke forced it) or RvP (Fergie said Wenger was a tough S.O.B to negotiate with).

19. Kiyoshi Ito

samsenalMay 8, 2013 13:28:45

Let’s not be petty

Almost 10 years says it all..

No need,to isolate incidents..

20. Kushagra

Julia Gillard visited a school today and children threw food at her. Can only happen in Australia that a PM is treated like that by kids.

21. KJafc

Kiyoshi,

Oh dear, i give up. This is like walking in treacle, anything said gets completely twisted!

The comment was about Fergie and his clubs relationship with match officials. Nothing to do with Wenger not getting the breaks, who mentioned that? The topic was about Fergie and man Utd influence in domestic football.

What has that got to do with our terrible performances against Blackburn and Bradford? Sorry, I have no idea what the connection is or the one you are trying to make. Totally different topics.

22. samsenal

Vix, i don’t mean to be petty….but Wenger’s supposed enthusiasm to sell players has been one of the cornerstones of yours – and many other’s – Anti-Wenger tirades for years.

Do you now acknowledge that the manager did not want to sell these players now?

23. Kwik fit

24. Kwik fit

n honour of Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement, every premier league game this weekend should play an extra 6 minutes of injury time

25. samsenal

Kjafc – Vix (Kiyoshi) is a Grover that absolutely hates Wenger with a mad passion. Those that do not show similar leanings – i’m talking way out there stuff – are rounded upon. it is not enough to be critical of the manager, he must be blamed for absolutely everything wrong in this world. Death must be wished upon him, the fires of Hell must be called upon to rain down on his seed.

I’m more in the “He’s an idiot for not getting a proper goalkeeper and sorting the defence out” school of thought.

26. Kiyoshi Ito

samsenalMay 8, 2013 13:28:4

If you want to start getting petty..Let’s go through the roll call..

Cole-I crashed my car,’cos I was not getting paid an extra £5k..I’m pissed..Sold

Vieira-every year for 5 years.Should I stay,or should I go..Sold

Henry…Aarghh..He had a divorce,going through personal issues–Sold

Adebayor..(Though a twat)..I love AC Milan,I love Juve,I love whoever,but the fans don’t love me..Sold

Gilberto..Why did you give the captaincy to Gallas?..Sold

Toure..I don’t get on with Gallas..Sold

Cesc..I want to go home & I will help Barca win the match…Sold

Nasri(Ok,a twat)..Stan wanted the money& I wanted the money & silverware..Sold

Clichy..I’m done..Sold

Song..I don’t give a shite..Sold

RVP..I want to win Silverware& I’m ambitious …Sold..

I can do petty Samsenal..!!

27. Raz

I think too much ahtred is thrown at Wenger for some of our player sales. Players come and go, they always will. The problem is that he failed to replace them adequately. In fairness what Wenger has done for our best players is get great money for them when their time had come at Arsenal. I said last summer I couldn’t care if Walcott goes – it’s who we bring in that I care about.

It’s not that we sold Song. It’s that we didn’t sign a replacement. It’s not that we sold RVP – it’s that we didn’t even attempt to fill the void. Giroud was a required addition WITH RVP still in the team. Truth is Wenger has made some fantastic money for the club and some of his sales have been amazing. Nasri for £24m ish with 6 months left? That is an amazing deal for AFC.

My problem always will be that we don’t sign replacements good enough. Even players like Bartley, who we have needed at the back over the last few seasons. He’s not amazing by any stretch but to have seen him do so well in Scotland and then we kept the likes of Djourou and Squid and got rid of him was a mistake.

If we don’t have a very very busy summer then there really is something wrong at the club. My worry now is that we will have some mad pre-season where we play about 3 games in a month, promote the club instead of sorting out the team, miss crucial signings, etc etc etc

28. Kiyoshi Ito

RAZ
    The Bartley sale,was a bit of a strange one!
    Sold ahead of Squillaci& Djourou..Hmmm..

My only thinking was a personality issue with Mr Wenger!!

You don’t tow the line,he shifts you out..

Pennant,a case in point!

29. Nasri's Mouth

@Raz

I agree with most of that. There aren’t many players that I have issues with Wenger selling early. Gilberto, Pires are a couple we should have kept for another year.. Cole wasn’t down to Wenger I believe. It’s the replacing that’s been the issue.

As for Bartley, I don’t think he was ready for us before playing for Rangers, and this season I have no problem with him going to be honest. He didn’t want 4th choice, and he’s not good enough to be ahead of the other 3…

30. marxdrive

Kwik fit May 8, 2013 13:40:15

“t has been a massive honour to play for Sir Alex. I couldn’t have asked for a better manager” Howard Webb”

Quality!!!

31. Nasri's Mouth

@Vix

Bartley wanted to play regularly. Never going to get that at Arsenal. Left to play games. No conspiracy unfortunately for you.

32. KJafc

Afternoon samsenal,

Similar sentiments to you. I would never have guessed! Lots of that on here I have noticed. It is okay to be in whichever camp you choose but you lose all credibility once you become irrational and make completely unfounded claims. I do not understand the hatred though, becomes consuming. No idea how he switched Fergie and match officials to the Bradford and Blackburn defeats though.

I truly wish Wenger had bought a proper goalscorer and a goalkeeper. I get frustrated watching us miss chance after chance, Wenger doesn’t miss the sitters but he does buy the strikers. Giroud puts in plenty of effort but he is also fresh to first class football and is not a natural finisher. Could you imagine a finisher in this team, it would make a big difference. Defensively, we have improved since the Spurs game and are starting to defend like a team.

Hopefully things are now about to change.

33. samsenal

Vix – Viera, should i stay or go? not sold. Not sold. Not sold. Finally sold when there were serious doubts about his knees. Was that the right thing to do? Dunno…that happens in football. Fabregas emerged as our new significant midfielder.

Cole – a rotten sh;t who was caught meeting Chelsea manager, it was all over the press. His relationship with the club was therefore poisoned.

Henry – not producing to his previous high standards, injuries becoming more regular. The team under-performing in part due to an over-dependence on him.

Adebayor – one of the games biggest w@nkers. As you said, publicly expressing a desire to move abroad, calling himself the new Henry (demanding to therefore be paid like him). A guy like him doesn’t deserve to be at Arsenal FC. He flopped at at city and is doing so at Spurs.

Gilberto – getting old.

Cesc – desperate to move abroad, not sold. Constant pressure from Barca, apparent threats of strikes. Finally sold.

Nasri – Kroenke forced the sale.

Clichy – not that good was he?

Song – we haven’t missed him have we? He was here when we were leaking goals,

RvP – been done to death. Made his position untenable.

Well, as nice as it was to revisit that list of players i’m not sure it proves that Wenger is desperate to sell players. Clubs sell players. It happens. Many of them were reaching the end of their careers, many of them were greedy young b@st@rds. At least one of the transfers was forced by the owner.

I don’t think it’s the selling that is the issue here, it’s the lack of adequate replacements. It’s not clear whose fault that is…i suspect it’s the fault of many.

So, as i said before. I see no evidence of this p£rv£rted obsession with selling that Wenger stands accused of.

34. Alex James

Breaking news. A bunch of distraught PL refs have barricaded themselves in FA HQ, demanding a rethink by Ferguson. He has told them not to worry, as he will stil be the backseat driver.

35. gambon

NM

One big issue i have is the dumping of players at just the age we need them.

Gilberto, Vieira, Pires are examples of players that could offer a lot, but were also very important in terms of progression and passing on the baton.

Wenger ripped apart his team from the early 2000s and then just threw a load of kids in and expected them to sink or swim.

Look at what players like Giggs and Scholes, and Ferdinand have brought to UTD, what they bring is greater than the quality of their performances, they are people to aspire to, people that uphold club traditions etc.

just imagine we had dumped Adams, Keown, Bould, Dixon, Seaman, Winterburn etc when Wenger came over, we would be looking at 20 years with no trophy.

The fact that Vieira, Henry, Pires, Gilberto were cashed in on, rather than kept around to lead the clubs next generation is disgusting.

Wenger is obsessed with the idea of building this leaderless, harmonious, international bunch of kids that think Arsenal are the only club in the world, he tried it at Monaco, its utter bollocks.

36. Kiyoshi Ito

samsenalMay 8, 2013 13:41:54

he must be blamed for absolutely everything wrong in this world.
    —————————
    Yes,he is the point man on the footballing side..

Who else is there to challenge him?

No-one.

So he is accountable for everything on the footballing side of matters..

If he is in disagreement with the BoD?

Then it’s quite simple..

He shows some professional pride,like you as a fan demand of the players when they walk onto the pitch..

Too compete& fight to the best of their ability& with the resources at their disposal..

He does neither,with statements like “4th is a trophy..”

In short,the man has no professional pride,other than sucking the money out of true blood AFC fans..

He is nothing more than a leech,a bloodsucker..

If he had any pride& was in disagreement with the BoD,he would have walked a long time again..

He has not& is still angling for a contract extension..

What does that tell you about the man?

37. samsenal

Vix, if your bosses told you to do something you didn’t agree with would you resign from your job out of professional pride?

Listen, i’m not interested in dissecting the psychological make-up of Wenger. I’m merely challenging the repeated claim that Wenger takes pleasure in selling players.

I think he has made mistakes with some of the selling of older players, but he wouldn’t be the first manager to do that would he.

there are plenty of things to criticise Wenger for, i just get a little irked by certain accusations.

38. Kiyoshi Ito

Samarsenal

You are one of these fanatics..
    Embrace your new found friend..

We’ve had money,failed to replenish with quality..Simple..

On top of that..The man has no clue on the pitch..

Almost 10 years of no silverware..

It does not need a Leveson inquiry,for crying out loud..

39. KJafc

Raz,

Great comments.
    Once a player wants to go nothing you can do – they have all the power now. Cole engineered his move, he wanted the money and thought nothing of meeting Chelsea in a public place, despite being under contract. That is the sort of bloke he is, Cheryl Cole will testify to that. Nasri was the same, sneeky disloyal gits chasing the money. The argument is not about them leaving but about replacing them.

As for Kiyoshi blaming Wenger for Pennant, oh dear. Everybody knows what a little twat Pennant is. He was constantly late for training, claimed he was home sick and has always had poor discipline. There have been drink driving episodes too. He peed his talent up the wall and has nobody to blame but himself.

40. Nasri's Mouth

@Gambon

If Henry and Vieira had wanted to stay at Arsenal in the way that Giggs and Scholes wanted to stay at ManU then maybe they wouldn’t have been sold. It’s a different situation.
    I don’t think Cole going was Wenger’s choice either, but he is one we should have kept.
    So for me, the mistakes were Pires and Gilberto really, and then not reinvesting properly

41. Kiyoshi Ito

NM
    ———–
    Well,all that said Le Coq might be off..

I’m sure your weekends,won’t be the same again?!!

How,are you going to fill that void?

42. Nasri's Mouth

Kjafc:He peed his talent up the wall and has nobody to blame but himself.

Pennant did have some family issues behind him too, to be fair to him, but ridiculous to blame it on Wenger

43. vicky

Wenger as always thinks about the future.

He knew that Fergie would retire as soon as he won the EPL again after losing out to Citeh last year.

So he gifted RVP to ensure Manure won the EPL.

And now Wenger has really paved the way for a smooth run for Arsenal in the future.

Ordinary people like me and many others here on Grove always fail to understand the genius that is Arsene Wenger.

But then how can morons understand the mind of a genius.

44. gambon

NM

Vieira didnt want to go, the club cashed in.

If Vieira & Pires had stayed Henry wouldnt have looked elsewhere.

Wenger dismanteld our best ever team then wondered why our best ever player wanted out.

45. Kiyoshi Ito

KJackalMay 8, 2013 14:07:44

Get your facts right,I’ve never blamed Mr Wenger for Pennant..Pennant got what he deserved..I was in total agreement with Pennant..

A waste of talent& a waste of space..

Show me a statement,where I have said anything remotely positive today about Pennant?

If not,shut your mouth!

46. samsenal

Vix – just clarify then….you DO still think Wenger gets some weird pleasure from selling our best players?

47. Kiyoshi Ito

Vieira never really wanted to go..

He was just always angling for a pay rise.
    Playing one club,against the other..!

48. Kiyoshi Ito

If Vieira & Pires had stayed Henry wouldnt have looked elsewhere.
    ——————————–

I honestly believe that..

Mr Wenger,decided to butcher the squad,in order to prove a point..

“I can do a Fergie,rebuilding a new team packed full of youth,playing Barca-style football on the cheap!!”

49. Bade

I’m happy to see Mancs suffering now

They will be a different animal without Red Nose

As for their commercials, I can’t but think his retirement will affect them. Not that they will get less than they got until now, but they won’t get the same upgrade they would have with Fergie still there as I see it

50. Kiyoshi Ito

Johnty79

Don’t think Vieira took a paycut..

I think he was sold..

RM came in for him,offered him less than what he was on..he was quite pissed..

Either way he got bumped off to Italy..

Correct me,if I’m mistaken..

Was not Dein instrumental in selling him..?

51. Bade

As for tonight’s game, I can’t see Spuds winning at the bridge

Theoretically it can happen of course

But with the form Chelsea are in right now & with them knowing a win means a definite CL spot next season, I can’t see them losing

Draw would be awesome as it leave a tiny chance for us to snap 3rd, but in the other hand it leaves the door open for Spuds to snare our 4th spot if they win their two other games & we drew at one of ours

52. Kiyoshi Ito

samsenalMay 8, 2013 14:16:04
    ust clarify then….you DO still think Wenger gets some weird pleasure from selling our best players?In the real world, things are not all black and white. In the real world you are not a “Fanatic” Wenger supporter if you criticse our sloppy defending, appalling goalkeeping and our faith in Diaby/Denilson/Bendtner.You are not a fanatic because you point out that on many occasions it was not a realistic option to hang on to a disruptive greedy player.
    ———————————————–
    Almost a decade of no silverware,should answer your questions..

Accumulation of cash,with a warchest to spend on quality replacements..

It’s not rocket science..

Dear me..

It’s like crashing your head through a window pane..

Cuts,bruises,lacerations,hysterical shouting..
    Can anyone hear me,or feel my pain..

Nope..All is well

Oh well,let’s set the house on fire then..?
    That will grab some attention,let people know how bad things have got..

A towering inferno…

Aarghh.shit has hit the fan..
    What happened?

Pfft..Goalkeeping issues,defense,hanging on to a greedy player…Only that?

Geez..You need help son..

53. Kiyoshi Ito

Vieira had been flirting with other clubs for ages.
    ————-
    For a payrise..

His dream move was Real Madrid

54. Samir masri

Fergie will be retiring as a champ. But for wenger I don’t really know how we can rate his Carer as an arsenal manager. It has been down hill since 2006.

55. Cloggs

Raz
    Nothing will really change as long as the french frog is at the helm, isn’t that clear to you after all these years? next season will be just another copy of the last nine seasons. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
    So Wenger made some money for the club by selling his best players, f*cking big deal, is that the reason I travel to the Grove, pay thru my nose for visiting a financial healthy club? What a f*cking joke… Meanwhile the frog lands nearly 8M pounds to his bank account each year for… WINNING F*CK ALL!! I thought the primary goal for a manager was to achieve something, in our case, to be really competitive, to WIN something! To get us somewhere now anden! Not making profit with buying and selling players. What we are wasting on salaries is another discussion.. But next season… next season it is going to happen…. this summer and that winter… anden the excuses come again, FFP, injuries, the refs, the playing field, financial doping, the transfer market doesn’t suit us, the handbrakes, we were a little bit jaded, mental thwenght.. the fixture scheme, the european travels.. blablablablablablablabla…
    NOT GOOD ENOUGH! FAIL!

56. samsenal

Vix, “almost a decade of no silverware should answer your questions”

erm…not really. My question was very specific. here it is again:

“Just clarify then….you DO still think Wenger gets some weird pleasure from selling our best players?”

I’m only asking about that very specific belief Vix. Nothing more.

57. KJafc

Afternoon Kiyoshi,

58. kamal zharif

puma is great!!! sure it’s not at the same level with nike or adidas, but face it, we have been a “step child” to the nike family. especially to barca and man utd. in fact, man utd’s kit have been more creative and better design compare to us. kinda like what bayern is enjoying with adidas, compare to milan and perhaps real.

but the retirement of sir alex is big impact to the football world, perhaps even to the transfer market. i can’t help but having this thinking that the great players won’t go to utd now, unless of course, they get someone with mourinho’s calibre. even moyes, i don’t think the big name players would go to utd, they would probably go for the name itself, rather than the coach. but then again, sir alex will be the director, and he will get good players for the team.

which leads to my next point, maybe, just maybe this will be a great time to for us to buy those big name players, such as falcao. i’m pretty sure, we can get a deal for players who wear puma boots, (arterta is also in that list pedro), i remember one of chelsea’s ex player, i don’t quite remember whether ballack or shev, that they will get some bonus and all for joining the adidas sponsored kit. now, if the money is no object, after pedro reported that we are going to go BIG this summer, the role of the player, stature of the club, and the direction of the club is the issue.

i read on soccernet’s club blog, the writer asked what kind of keeper should we buy. a veteran, or an established keeper which still have plenty of football left. what do you guys think?

59. samsenal

Vix – Also, regarding your previous post….who were you talking to? I got confused. Maybe you’re right – I DO need help! I hope you are the man to do it. AS part of my healing process, please explain.

Was it you smashing your head through glass? Or me? Who set the house on fire? Was that you as well or was it the Bad Man again? Whose house was it?

What did any of it have to do with Arsenal enjoying selling our best players?

Please “Help”.

60. Kiyoshi Ito

KJafcMay 8, 2013 14:44:34

KJafcMay 8, 2013 14:44:34
    Afternoon Kiyoshi,I refer to your below statement, which appears to suggest you blamed Wenger for Pennant leaving: You said: “My only thinking was a personality issue with Mr Wenger!! You don’t tow the line,he shifts you out.. Pennant,a case in point!”It wasn’t a personality issue. It was because Pennant was disruptive and Wenger was proved to be right on that account. PS: Can I politely ask you to refrain from telling people who disagree with you to ‘shut your mouth’. It isn’t necessary mate.
    —————————————-
    Again you missed the point..

I talked about Bartley,possibly having a personality issue with Wenger,as maybe a reason for him being sold..

Then I put Pennant as a case in point..

I said if you do not tow the line,you are out..

Obviously Pennant did not tow the line,so he was out!!

So turning up late to work,driving your mates car,whilst you are banned,having poor discipline as a professional,is not tantamount to having a personality clash with your manager,or your company..?!

What is so hard to understand?

Are you on a wind-up..?

You & Samarse?

PS
    Honestly,finger to mouth..Sshhhhhhh!!!

61. TitsMcgee

Great news about Puma. As stated before we will be their marquee client(Dortmund would be in they win the UCL I’d imagine but we’d be of one their two biggest at least) and they want to pay us way more than Nike so foook Nike.

Financially NO REASON whatsoever to not go out and make multiple signings. Don’t mean you go out and try and get Falcao and Ronaldo at once and blow your budget but with proper spending(identifying) we can bring in quite a bit of talent now.

The question is will Wenger relax his antiquated “morals”.

Bony has bust written all over him. I can’t quite put my finger on it but he looks very awkward and seems to scuff a lot of his shots.(Gervinho?) He may turn out to be a beast and I’ll admit I’ve never seen him play but the Youtube videos I’ve seen of him don’t wow me really.

We can sign much more “proven” players. Bring in Bony to replace Gervinho and come off the bench? Then maybe. To lead our line? No.

RVP,Song money + UCL money + Puma + Emirates shirt sponsor should + TV deals = major reinforcements this summer.(plus other smaller deals)

Key word being “SHOULD”.

62. zeus

Fergie’s finally done it. End of an era. Great manager.

Got the 20th title to open up a lead on Liverpool and has set the team up with a couple big name stars such that the next manager can make a seamless transition with a strong side and a budget.

Tip of the hat to Ol rednose.

63. Raz

@Cloggs – I can’t tell from your post whether you understand that i understand this statement:

“Nothing will really change as long as the french frog is at the helm, isn’t that clear to you after all these years?”

Seems to be a common theme on here where if I say something, people then write to me sounding as though I have said something contrary to their beliefs, and then gone on to say exactly what I said. Happened yday with Al. I just hope Cloggs you were expanding on what I was saying rather than anything else, because yes I am fully aware that while Wenger is in charge we can expect very little change.

Although I really get tired of this debate because as far as I am concerned, the owner, board and manager are 3 equal parties to blame for everything.

-we have an owner who has systematically taken cash over sporting ambition with ALL his teams he owns. One example, Nasri. And SK will continue to do this. The fact that he wants to pass the club to his son fills me with horror.

-we have a board that does not, for whatever reason, make sure that Wenger is buying the best players possible. They do not oversee his work, they do not see a need to address the pissing away of wages. I am sick of hearing Gazidis saying ‘look at our wage bill – we do compete financially’, fucking asshole is he playing the fool deliberately or is he just wilfully ignorant? Clear lack of responsibility to oversee Wenger in any way.

-we have a manager who will do his best to sign shit players, over-pay them, fail to rotate, fail to adapt, fail to try new thing, fail to acknowledge the talent at other teams and plan for them accordingly.

Simplified – we have an out of touch owner with no passion for football, just money, overseeing a board who oversee a manager who signs Santos for more than Liverpool paid for Enrique, as a back up to a Gibbs who was 2 seasons away from being ready for first choice. They’ll oversee him spend £15m on Oxlade, and £12m on Gervinho but they ignore Ba, Moses, Parker, etc who cost less. This story could be neevr ending so I’ll stop. The worst part of all is Fergie has shown how to do it for years and we’ve not kept up. He sells Gibson to Everton for £3m or something just to get rid. He sells Ji-Sung Park for a similar fee just to get rid. Berba for £4m just to get rid. He rotates his team well. SO does Benitez. We were all expecting a Chelsea capitulation this month and they’ve won just about every game and now we’re praying they beat the Spuds.

Argggggh random tangent!!

64. Arsene's Nurse

Telegraph reporting Moyes as next manager for Utd – tbc in next 24hrs. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10044158/David-Moyes-will-replace-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-as-Manchester-United-manager.html

Next season is the season for Arsenal to strike. We won’t have a better chance to stamp some authority on the league. All change at Utd and Chavs with the prospect of Mancini moving too.

We should be looking to spend massively, say a £100m net spend at least, for the simple reason we have the cash in the bank to do so but, also because we have now got huge solid deals with Emirates and Puma, new TV money and property money all coming through this and next year.

There is plenty of slack in the wage structure once the dross is moved on. We should be looking at 3 world class players on £150-200k per week in the summer. There is no excuse for us to fail to compete for 2 or 3 world class players. If Wenger won’t spend then oust the fucker. He should be told in no uncertain terms that if he doesn’t pull his finger out by a certain date and spend then he will be out of a job.

65. Kiyoshi Ito

samsenalMay 8, 2013 14:46:22

あなたは、あなたがのように愚かであり、この生活の中で場所がないクソ遅らせる、ですが、牛のようにそのフィードとあなたの母に生まれ。

66. Kiyoshi Ito

KJACKAL

あなたは、あなたがのように愚かであり、この生活の中で場所がないクソ遅らせる、ですが、牛のようにそのフィードとあなたの母に生まれ。

67. Raz

Forget Falcao etc costing 50 billion, we need players like Yilmaz. He has INSANE stats and nobody talks about him?? 65 goals in 80 games! 8 goals in his last 9 champs league games!

We should be going to Gala and offering serious wedge for him. We should be saying to him he’s done a lot with his teams, time to play in the best league in the world for one of the greatest teams in history.

Add Lamela, sell GerviNOOOO and job’s a good’un.

68. KJafc

Kiyoshi,

PS: I much prefer it when you whisper, more gentle on the eyes.

69. samsenal

Vix – Google translate reckons you said this:

You are stupid as you are, to delay shit no place in this life, it is, but was born in your mother and the feed as cattle

About as coherent as your usual English posts. I seem to recall one of your spectacular meltdowns when tom mentioned your father.

Seems you are a hypocrite.

70. Kiyoshi Ito

‘Ole Becks getting in his little PR for Brand Becks..With his respects for SAF!!

Dear me,cannot wait for the WC in Brazil..

Ooops here comes Becks..Regaling us with stories,of how Pele was his idol& how he modelled himself on him& how football is coming back to its roots,blah,blah,blah..

& how he used to play beach football back in Manchester,or was it Essex?

71. Kiyoshi Ito

Samarsenal
    Twat

Get it right

Loosely translated..
    You are a f**king r-e-t-a-r-d, who has no place in this life, as you are stupid,as the cows that fed and brought your mother to life..

PS
    Keep up..

72. KJafc

Kyoshi,

It is an honour that you have replied to me( and I am sure that I speak for Samsenal too) in your native tongue, Japanese. I translated it to mean the following, hope this is correct:
    “You are stupid and slow and have no place in this life, but the cow that feeds you and that your mother was born in”.

Charming, you are clearly a great intellectual mind and a very nice person.

73. samsenal

Vix, so you are a hypocrite then.

Thought so. Classy.

What’s next…an anti-Beckham rant…oh, wait, we’ve just had that…guess it’s time for you to have another breakdown and declare you are leaving Le Grove forever….

74. Kiyoshi Ito

KJACKALMay 8, 2013 15:09:56

Knock yourself out with the semantics mate..

I suppose you calling your boss a wanker,after being overworked by him..

Would not be a personality clash..?

Insubordination-yes?Sackable offence-yes?Misconduct-yes?

But no personality clash-hell no..?
    Fits your argument!!

Constantly letting down your teammates with your lack of professional attitude?
    Unprofessional-yes?
    Personality clash-hell no?Suits your petty argument..

Even though you are going against the directions& goals of the team & company?

Company wants results,you want to live it up..?Conflicts of interest-yes..?

But no personality clash..?No according to you..!

Why do I bother..

75. samsenal

Kjafc, you should have seen his outrage when another poster said something about his Dad a few weeks back. Man, it was a sight to behold. He went absolutely mental.

1st Class Comedy right there.

Funny Little Hypocrite.

76. Raz

‘Arse&Nose LOL.

SCOUT REPORT! FCUK GRIMANDI, HIRE RAZ INSTEAD:

Burak Yilmaz, striker, Galatasary. Age 27. 65 goals in 80 games. Value – ONLY 15M EUROS.

Eric Lamela, striker, age 21, Roma first team regular, value approx £20m, 15 goals in 31 games and he is destined to be HUGE.

Di Maria, wing forward for Real Madrid – cba explaining this guy but another amazing Argentine. If you don’t know of him I feel bad for you.

Roman Neustadter – defensive mid from Borussa Mochengladbach. 24/5 years old with better stats than Carrick for Man U. Value – £7m approx.

Jesus Gamez, Malaga RB, aged 28, one of the best tacklers in Europe and one of Malaga’s best players. Value 6m euros,

Mehdi Benatia, CB for Udinese, value £10m approx, one of the main reasons why Udi have done so well this season, only 26 and champs league experience.

Maxime Gonalons – 24- a def mid player with an amazing name and again some stats that wipe the floor with some amazing and far more famous players e.g. Javi Martinez, Mascherano, Abate, etc etc. Effective, and available, and we’re interested. £10m approx and likely to happen.

Tony Jantschke – German RB, aged 23, if Sagna goes then this is the exact type of signing we should go for. He’s beena first team regular of Mochengladbach for a couple of seasons now and has more impressive stats than most CBs and DMS. I.e. he’s a future WC talent and is already nearly there. Would be perfect for us – he and Jenko would share rather than one be over the other, much like the healthy thing we have with Gibbs and Nacho at LB, Valued at under £5m too.

MoMo Sissoko, PSG DM…sure there was a lot ofchat about him on here in the summer…

The point is to scout Wenger-style not media-hype-style. So this doesn’t include the likes of Arda Turan, the Bender brothers, Farfan, Cabaye,Papadopoulos, etc,

I hear we’re being linked with James McArthy at Wigan again. If there’s a single Wigan player I hope we do take, it’s Maloney, not either of the McArthy guys or McArthur or whatever.

77. Kiyoshi Ito

KJACKAL
    Maybe my English is not so good-huh…

Personality Clash:-

“Personality clashes occur when two (or more) people find themselves in conflict not over a particular issue or incident, but due to a fundamental incompatibility in their personalities, their approaches to things, their style of life.
    A personality clash may occur in work-related, family-related, or social situations.”

A conflict between two people, most often from a mutual dislike or personality clash. According to Boston University FSAO,

“Causes for workplace conflict can be personality or style differences and personal problems such as substance abuse, childcare issues, and family problems. ”
    ———————————————
    I suppose Pennant did not have a personality clash??!!

Twat..

78. Kiyoshi Ito

KJafcMay 8, 2013 15:09:56
    Kiyoshi,Turning up late for work, having poor discipline and driving a mates car while banned is NOT having a ‘personality clash’ with the manager!
    It goes way beyond that. If you kept turning up late for your job (assuming you have one), crashed a directors car while banned or proved disruptive, you would not be sacked for a ‘personality clash’. PS: I much prefer it when you whisper, more gentle on the eyes.
    —————————

Maybe you should study English!!
    See above post!!

79. KJafc

Samsenal,

This has to be a wind-up surely, nobody can be that angry and stupid.
    Japanese insults too now that is really funny. Shame he wasn’t around when Enola gay flew past.

80. Kiyoshi Ito

KJACKAL

The fact that you do not even know the precise meaning of personality clash,says it all..

Give it up,& quit!!

81. Kiyoshi Ito

KJACKAL
    A bit of a low blow with the Enola Gay -B29 Hiroshima &Nagasaki bombing stuff..

But hey,whatever floats your boat..

Tonight will be a good night!!
    Chelsea vs Spurs..

82. Greenmount Gooner

PedroMay 8, 2013    15:39:30
    Guys, dont’ bitch at each other… it makes it boring for others.

It’s never boring to see SDE/Vix/yoshi Ito having another meltdown though
    Pedro!

83. jani

@ bnsb: “Van Persie this year should have at least matched or overtaken his last year goals tally in a better championship winning team, did he?”

This is always a very interesting argument and I don’t think it’s as clear cut as that. On one hand you can say a top player should have better production in a better team, because sure he’ll get better service and be surrounded by better players, but there is also an argument to make that production may be reduced as there are more players capable of spreading around production in a better team, and perhaps in a better team they are not AS reliant on one player, or cater all their play to him as in a worse team.
    Style of play, system and other factors also come into play too.

I’ve always thought about this with regards to Fabregas, who in no doubt is a quality quality player. But at Arsenal everything was put in place around him eventually to cater the play to him, limit his defensive responsibilities, and to be reliant on him (almost entirely) to produce such a high number of assists in particular. Therefore I always thought it was a bit misguided to say that he would produce so much more at Barca (even if he actually did get to play more), as there is so much more quality around the club to chip in with regards to supply, and much of the roll of their midfielders (if he did get to play in MF more than fwd) is to create openings not just for Messi to score, but almost as much to create openings for Messi then to create for others. Hence why Xavi’s/Iniesta’s actual numbers of assists are unexpectedly low in comparison, also style of play comes into the equation considering how Barca’s wingbacks get involved as displayed by the very very high number of assists by Dani Alves for example.

Therefore when people always used to say Fabregas is the greatest midfielder because of his unmatched assists record in the big Euro leagues, I thought it was somewhat of an oversimplification and not accounting for specific factors, just like it’s somewhat of an oversimplification to say that RvP had a worse season because he scored less at United (a better team)..

Whoa I really went all over the place and off topic with this post.

84. Kiyoshi Ito

Brokeback-Green-Mountain

Arghhhh,longtime no hear BrokebackGreen Mountain..

What is your predictions for tonight?
    A draw?
    A win for Chelsea,or a loss?

I see either a Chelsea win,or a draw..

85. Kiyoshi Ito

janiMay 8, 2013 16:17:07

Got your point& I think you may have a point..

But I would hesitate to counter your point,with no stats at my disposal..

But with the RVP debate at Man Utd,I do agree..Surrounded by better players,in a better team,with the the workload being shared..

That is understandable.

With RVP gone from Arsenal,why could not Theo really make a claim for himself..

Make the CF his own..
    Do it in the decisive matches..

Prove to be the game changer..

Really stake a claim,whilst Giroud is trying to find his feet in his 1st season in the EPL..

I’ll tell you why,he is work shy& limited..
    & Mr Wenger is past it..

Sorry,I went off,on a tangent..

But it does all come back to Mr Wenger in mind..

He sets the team up& he flogs our best players to death,without surrounding them with quality..

86. zeus

Checking some of the comments over at Mancunia………..

FletchTHEMAN says:
    Some people are NOT paying attention.

1) The idea that Moyes would come in as No2 was yesterdays speculation.
    2) The idea that Ferguson is “RETIRING” at the end of the season IS A FACT.

THE FACT of Ferguson’s retirement obliviates anyone being his No2 (Not Moyes, not Ole, Not anyone).

The reality is that fergies role on the footballing side is history in 2 games.

After that Fergie will be a Director. His name will be used to keep money flowing in, but he will not be writing contracts or being anything like a Director of Football.

The REALITY is that Ed Woodward will be the new Director of Football, as David Gill is also retiring this summer.

For those who are paying attention:
    This means that
    -Sir Alex, David Gill AND Paul Scholes are effectively out of the day to day picture as of the end of the season.
    -A new manager (Likely knowing nothing about United) And a new Director of Football (Ed Woodward) will be the new BRAIN TRUST of Manchester United, as of this summer.

It’s new days ladies and gentlemen.

Right and Jupp Heynckes or Mourinho? People who have not been at a club for more than 2 years (Heynckes, or 3 years Mourinho) in the past decade, is beyond a laugh.

87. Greenmount Gooner

All that time and you still can’t think of an amusing, original insult! You need help SDE/Vix/yoshi. Multiple personality disorder is a serious illness, if I were you I’d spend less time on here spouting your physco-babble bullshit and more time seeking professional help.

88. the_real_andy

hmm wouldn´t say it this way tbh. I don´t think the dutch´s season was worse than last year but he had a far longer drought than last year but they were reliant on him like we used to be last year in their first 20 – 25 fixtures. then he had his drought but there were world class players around him helping him and scoring instead of him so he didn´t have to take the whole burden.

you can compare it to our situation with sharing our goals (of course a level below them). caz for example was awful in our last 5 games. but he was essential in our first 25 fixtures. does he have a bad season because of that? no, of course not. but it isn´t that obvious that he´s mentally tired because others jump in like walnut recently or podolski, giroud, the ox or arteta. and that´s in the end far more important than having a player scoring/assisting 20+ a season – the guys jumping in if this player doesn´t have his best spell is far more important because those spells will come during a season, it´s inevitable.

last year the dutch had basically no bad spell in a whole season – that happens sometimes. but it won´t work out for 2 or 3 seasons.

did he have a worse season than last year? yes he had if you ask me. did it have an effect? probably yes. but as long as there are other players jumping in it doesn´t matter at all and that used to be our main problem in recent seasons – no one was able to raise his level if fabregas, na$ri, the dutch, hleb, henry or whoever had a bad game/spell

89. Kiyoshi Ito

Never heard you come on here& spout anything coherent,other than to throw BarebackGreenMountain tantrums,once in a blue moon..

To be honest,completely forgot about you..

Why?
    Simply irrelevant..

90. Raz

Am I being daft here by suggesting that a draw between Spuds and Chavs tonight, followed by the hope that they lose their last 2 games, is the best thing for us?

91. Kiyoshi Ito

Why you stalk me,is quite telling BarebackGreenMountain..?!!

I think NM is your man,not me!!

92. Kiyoshi Ito

RazMay 8, 2013 16:45:18
    —————————————–
    We might get a better idea from the result tonight..& more so with Benitez’s line-up.

93. KJafc

Jani,

Good comments. It makes me laugh when man Utd fans or the media try to give credit to Fergie for RVP. All he did was buy him. AW turned him into a goalscorer, when initially he was a traditional number 10.

It depends on how a player fits into a team. At Arsenal, everything went through RVP and at times we were quite direct. Goals were not spread throughout the team as they are now, so it was inevitable he was going to score regularly, as he was the focal point of the team.
    At Man Utd, they have other options. I think he shone like a beacon at Arsenal but less so at Man Utd but that is not to say he played any worse. In fact, when you consider it was his first season with a new team his goal tally was impressive. But he is a world class player with plenty of experience.

Despite the fact that we do not have a true goalscorer in the side, we have coped better without him than I expected. It is dangerous to rely on one player for your goal threat, especially when injuries and tiredness kick in.

Fabregas was pure class. However, like RVP most of our midfield play went through him and AW ended up giving him a free role. At Barcelona he has to play a more disciplined role as he is a squad player, amongst group of stars.

If you could have either player back, would it be Cesc or the money grabber?

94. Johnny5

Vix

Don’t act like you wouldn’t get pissed off if someone else started stalking nasris mouth. He’s your baby. You live him. We all know it and have dealt with the fallout when you realised the love only went one way

In all seriousness though you’ve been a bit of a nutter of late. What’s the crack. I’m all for random act of crazy but your taking it to some next level shit.

Anyway into football prediction for tonight. I’ve got a 2-2 draw feeling bale equaliser 87th min

95. Johnny5

Kj

‘…think he shone like a beacon at Arsenal but less so at Man Utd.’

Absolute bollocks!! He’s made Rooney look far and shit and won united the title he’s solely responsible for around 25-30 of their points and that’s just goals don’t know if he has many assists that won games. RVP is head and shoulders above every other player at united.

96. Kiyoshi Ito

Raz

I find it interesting,that he is playing Moses more..

I thought,he would drop him for the Man Utd match(but I think Hazard is injured right,or suspended,not sure) & play Torres up front,instead of Ba..

It seems,like he has a critical eye on the Europa Final..

Saving Torres for that game..

I reckon tonights game will be possibly

———-Cech——–

—- Azilipecuta-Ivanovic-Luiz-Cole

——Ramires-Lampard—–

—-Oscar——— Hazard/Moses
    —— —– Mata———-

———-Ba——–

97. Kiyoshi Ito

Johnny5May 8, 2013 17:02:40

Don’t mind him,earlier on he was talking about Hiroshima& Nagasaki bombing..

How it was deserved..

The man is a clear loony!!

He’s seems like the EL-Tel type..

As Gambon once said,the missing link b/w ape & man?

98. Raz

Kiyoshi

I am not going to even attempt to predict what Benitez will chose but what I will say is he is playing for Cheksea’s top 4 hopes, there’s no way he’ll go weak today.

I lied:

Cech
    Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Luiz/Cahill, Bertrand
    Ramires,
    Mata, Lampard, Oscar
    Moses, Torres

Hurst my head even trying to decide who to choose for Chelsea. Their ‘weak team’ is still stronger than our best 11.

But yeah, it annoys me Moses hasn’t played more, he was such a sick player to watch last season. Wish he’d joined ANY other club except Chelsea or City, because he is good enough to play every week for a top 4 side.

99. Cloggs

Sylvain 16:58:44
    Ofcourse he doesn’t give a shit, and ofcourse the fans don’t give shit either about that as long as he delivers them their silverware. Not rocket science is it.
    He was looking for a club that could match his ambition.
    In Wenger’s language; “We sold him for footballing reasons”

100. KJafc

Johnny5

Did you read what I had written? I don’t think you did. Read it again.

I said RVP had a great season at Man Utd, The point I made was that he was amongst a better group of players and therefore did not ‘appear’ to shine as much as he did at Arsenal. Why is that bollocks?

I totally agree he made Rooney look the over rated player that he is. As I said, RVP is world class and that is why Fergie bought him. Yes, he won man Utd the title. But he carried Arsenal and because he was our focal point he shone like a beacon with us. A bit like Bale at Spurs. Would bale shine as much at Man Utd with RVP, probably not.

It is like treading on eggshells on here.

101. jani

@ Kiyoshi: “With RVP gone from Arsenal,why could not Theo really make a claim for himself..
    Make the CF his own..
    Do it in the decisive matches..”
    Along with your reasons, it’s also because he’s just not good enough.

@ Kjafc, I would take Fabregas back…not because of any emotional reason for or against either (Frankly not that I care much, but I think Fabregas was more disrespectful to the club [than RvP] over a longer period of time, and was a quiet coward about it, preferring to let his surrogates do the dirty work and destabilize the situation/club)

Because we need more invention in midfield.. Ramsey doesn’t have it, Wilshere doesn’t have it, Rosicky’s fitness is unreliable, Cazaorla as good as he is a bit hit or miss especially against better opposition. Fabregas would offer more years of service too. What I would say though however, is that I wouldn’t want him to have the same exact free role and completely catering of our play to suit him…rather than being THE PIECE, I would want him back and a critical piece of the puzzle.

102. SUGA3

Kjafc,

RvP ahead of Fabregas any day for me, the former merely said it as it was and got the wages he simply deserved (that’s in reference to your ‘money grabber’ moniker), the latter acted like a cunt and effectvely stole his last year’s wages here!

103. Johnny5

Kj

Dude I read your post what I’m saying is yes he did shine. Even in around a better bunch of players. He made most of united look average. Scoring for fun like last season for us. He has shone massively for them this year. That’s why earlier in the season everyone ( except the arse licking unite fan pundits of course) was going on about them now being a one man team.

104. Raz

Jani

On refelction I have been unbelievably disappointed with Wilshere. He has played within 10m of Arteta, and parallel, for most of his season. He hasn’t run between the lines, he hasn’t picked out the forwards, and hasn’t threatened goal in any real way apart from Swansea. I would go as far as saying that Wilshere has been more disappointing than any other player this season because for all his bluster and love for the club, he simply hasn’t been playing with his brain since his return. All brawn like he’s trying to prove he cares the most.

Dont worry Jack, we’ll never lump you in with the Theos of the club. But for fucks sake next season PLEASE start playing in the gaps, between the lines, and start scoring and assisting!!

105. KJafc

Jani and Suga3,

Funny but it never seems to work when a player comes back. Those two are both special players but would the fans accept them back?

My biggest frustration is our tendency to play in front of teams and play those aimless sideways passes. With all due respect to our players, that doesn’t take great skill.

Without penetrating through balls or tempo, we look stale. At least Cesc could play those passes, I don’t see that from our current midfield. I rate Cazorla but while Ramsey and Arteta work hard they lack creativity.

I would take Cesc back for those reasons. Great choice though.

106. BERMY BOY

So, Arsenal have more revenue to hoard,better get a bigger warchest.

To all those that believe the extra money changes anything,heh heh so sad.

It isn’t the money that most change but the mentality.

You can give a hillbilly a million dollars,but he will still think like a hiilbilly.

107. KJafc

Johnny5

108. Johnny5

Kj

Me either. Fergie and his influence over refs pissed me off and the fact that the FA would throw the book at any other teams manager and players yet united did as they pleased because the FA had no bollocks to go against Fergie. Purely because of the club he went to I wouldn’t want RVP back. I’d have cesc in a heartbeat but think he’d only want to leave again after a couple of years

109. Kiyoshi Ito

KJafcMay 8, 2013 17:36:01
    Johnny5RVP is a class act and would shine wherever he played. I was gutted when I heard he had gone to them, I don’t like that club or the influence they have in domestic football.
    ——————–

I suppose you love what Arsene & AFC currently stand for then?

Can’t have it both ways..?

Don’t like Manure for what they stand,or they influence?

But are happy for Arsene& Arsenal,hand in hand,to hock our best players to Barca,Man City,Chelsea & Man Utd?

ManUre,the very team you cannot stand?

Great logic..?!!

I get it..hate RVP,swoon on Arsene?!!