Arsenal are potentially in for Emir Spahic. Goonertalk have unearthed a story suggesting talks are going well with Arsenal.
I’d prefer to put this out there now because I don’t want to kick off tomorrow in a bad mood by talking about the worst piece of transfer gossip since Geoff thought the Silvestre story was a joke a couple of years ago.
- Bosnian Captain
- 29 years old
- Averaged 14.8 games per season since 2006 (this includes internationals).
- Has made around the same amount of first team appearances as Denilson has to date
- Weight: 77kg, a whopping 2kg more than Kozzer
- Height: 6ft
- Career highlights: Finding a club willing to give him a full season in the first team at the age of 28.
- Web Myth: That he got in the French team of the year.
- Exciting video? Here he is slapping a German.
Compelling stuff eh? We’re after a player who will definitely be fresh on account of being a full-time bench warmer for 80% of his career.
So there you have it, a rumour that makes far more sense than Mertesacker and one that feels me full of dread. It’s incredible that his name has never been mentioned in the comments section of Le Grove. Someone always knows about a top player and I don’t think many have escaped analysis here at Le Grove.
Here’s hoping that turd from Man United is trying to merk all the Gooners on the web with this little horror story…
Pray to the footballing gods this isn’t Wenger’s idea of showing ambition in the transfer market…
Catch you tomorrow morning.