There are many things I find crap about international week.
1) The fact the comments section seems to turn into a warzone almost immediately. Bloggers take time out to really hammer home their dislikes, their beliefs and it all becomes a bit personal a bit too quickly.
2) The fact that I reckon only about 10% of football fans actually support international football these days. Lets be honest, watching England is for Championship supporters… it gives your every day civilian in the UK the chance to go down the pub, get a little rowdy and maybe have a fight with a few of the local strawberry pickers.
3) You notice that David Beckham has changed his hair cut to look like yours, I don’t think I need to elaborate on how horrific that is for someone older than 14.
4) You find yourself actually clicking the links to the Daily Mirror website and reading articles that state David N’gog’s dive should have been against Arsenal for moral equilibrium to be restored in the world, or other fascinating snippets, like the woman driving the car Cudicini crashed into was an Arsenal fan, like a man smashing his pelvis to pieces is supposed to have somesort of humourous edge to it. Real piss poor journalism manages to get hits. The Daily Mirror, bar Steve Stammers, really is the toilet of the news arena.
5) Barcelona tell Arsenal they’d like to marry their wife, but it would be too disrespectful to talk about it in public. Apparently he is pretty ‘cule’. I’m not really sure what that means, but it seems to me it could be the word ‘cool’ phonetically spelt in scouse. I can’t be bothered to google it, so it’ll have to sit on the pile of other unsolved mysteries I’ve got stacking up (why don’t McDonald’s serve mayonnaise? Has a mobile phone ever exploded someone’s pacemaker in a hospital? When was the last time a Nintendo game boy fell a plane?).
I hope today’s post has spread a little joy into your life… I’m off to baracade my back door. The river that is flowing through my garden is looking slightly menacing!
See you in the comments!
P.S. If you have any spares, send them my way. I’ve got loads of takers!