No I don’t mean Manuel! Which I do find strange, he just about gets the Arsenal job ahead of mad Jens, now he wants to change nationality, I hope he doesn’t go home too often!
One bit on Anelka then it’s on to pastures positive today.
The boss says that Anelka leaving was his biggest regret, then says that he is an amazing player with the best footballing years ahead of him and what a great buy Chelsea have, so why if all that’s true, didn’t he not sign him? Especially as he said he wanted to come home???? Biiiiiizarrrrre!
Ok that’s for you guys to mull over, news that we have all but signed an English kid from Gillingham called Luke Skywalker, sounds good, but I would
sooner have heard that Madrid, Barca and ManU were after him, rather than West Ham and Newcastle! Wenger said,
‘I like him, I met the boy, his personality, he looks alert. He’s a striker and at 15 years of age to play for the first team sometimes is something special.’
Wenger also had this to say about the English kids,
‘I believe once the English kids get up to the level of Europe technically they will win trophies because they have a mental side that is usually stronger. You have the same problems in England that people have everywhere in the world. You just become naturally a bit softer.’
Exciting stuff eh? The article also had this to say,
‘Wenger even said that Arsenal had two English 13-year-olds who were so gifted that “technically” they have “nothing to learn”.’
If people were a little more long sighted and took the time to investigate what Arsene is doing with his academy maybe they wouldn’t be so judgmental every time England lost a game. Catch the whole article here.
So I noticed that the comments section was a bit down in the dumps yesterday.
- We are top of the league
- We are still in the Champions League
- We are still in the Carling Cup and our reserves are unbeaten against the Spuds
- We have solved our keeping crisis
- We have 2 of the best creative midfielders in the World
- Flamini is the best holding midfielder in the Premiership
- We have the best full backs in the Premiership
- William Gallas has been a revelation as Captain
- We play the best football in the World
- We have a plan B
- We are nearly the richest club in the world
- We are British owned for the next 5 years
- Arsene Wenger, the best manager in world football is retiring with us
Think positive guys, things have not been better in 3 years!
Like Bud said in the comments yesterday, sing… ‘We are top of the league, say we are top of the league!’
Feeling better? I thought so!