Let’s start with this playing English Premier league games around the world first.
I think It’s a stupid idea because.
1) The Premier league is an English league not a travelling freak show.
2) It will prolong the season, and Wenger has been saying for years we play too many games.
3) It will be injury plagued and all the players will have fatigue, just like after a European game.
4) It will damage our chances in Europe as they’ll all be cream crackered.
5) Why are we always trying to please Americans? They don’t even like football, we gave them a world cup because we said it would catch on and it didn’t, we gave them Best, Pele, Moore, Marsh and Beckenbauer and it didn’t work, so fuck them, start thinking about our own fans, who pay week in week out.
If they want to do it, then do it in countries that love football.
Before anyone says I’m anti American, I’m not but they have had a world cup, more Olympic games than anyone else, 3 out of 4 of golf’s majors and control of our armed forces, but they can’t have our league, if they want that, get on a plane and fly to England.
The only reason the Premier league is so rich and has the best players, is because of the vast amount of money that Sky put in, take that out and we’ll be like the Italian league, getting 5-10,000 at a match watching a boring game.
We are in danger of disappearing up our own arses, they’ll say the NFL did it in England, true, but who gave a rats arse?.
Even Gordon Brown told the league to listen to the fans, and if they make a lot of money, then use that to bring down prices, noble thought Gordon, but if they make money it will be for themselves first, followed by the overpaid players.
Hey, you Grovers may like the idea, I certainly don’t, so let’s hear your views.
Onto what we love, the Arsenal. Gilberto cannot understand why Wenger has treated him so badly, VC last season and second top scorer, to rub-a-dub this season and poor form, he says he only knew he wasn’t VC anymore from the redtops.
Gilberto, I agree, you have been treated badly, I think you should go, not because I want it, but because you have been dumped by Wenger and I think badly. Poor form that, poor form, you have been a great and noble servant, and I for one won’t forget your contribution.
Onto injuries, as I said yesterday we only have ourselves to blame, we had a chance to buy and didn’t, we let several players go that weren’t replaced, so Arsene you can’t complain.
Now the new Champions league team sheet has a few new additions.
With names like Dunne, Ogogo and Steer in the squad I’ll bet Milan are starting to get worried!
Not a lot else going on this weekend so enjoy the lay off, next week they come thick and fast.
Have a great weekend Grovers.