So another fan favourite bites the dust, this time it’s Thierry Henry, a man who chose Barcelona over Arsenal when he was captain, in the hunt for major trophies… a man who chose £4.5m a year and the opportunity to call Giroud a donkey every week over a job at the greatest club on the planet. He’s slithered out in the press in support of Wenger.
“Personally, I do not think Arsene has to go,”
“Does he have to change his tactics or his way of doing things? I do not know if he’s willing to do that.”
“The work he has to do at the moment is difficult, because it is mental work,”
“What I saw against Chelsea is a mental problem. I don’t want to go into details but that is why Arsene’s job is very complicated because it is a mental problem. And it’s not easy to manage.
“Every time Arsenal can put pressure on the leaders or put the pressure on others by being first, usually in that match, they lose and then you lose confidence and bad results follow. The problem is more mental than quality.”
“You have to be in tune with every day. You have to be good at training all the time. You have to get in a little bit from time to time.
“I think Arsenal players are not aware of what they can achieve. At some point you have to believe in your chances of winning.”
What a burnt goats cheese latte of a mess that comment is. No wonder Wenger let him leave to be a pundit. An opinion giver so bland, he makes sharing a Ryanair flight to Austrailia with Robbie Savage sound stimulating.
So lemme get this straight Thierry. In 2007, you left to win proper trophies, when we’d just dropped you an eye popping salary package of around £200k a week, which was staggering back then considering the restrictions we had. Now, ten years on, after no CL trophies at Arsenal, no Premier League to boast of, you’re suggesting you’d keep him on? Please. You absolute creep.
What I’m reading in your comments:
- You think the way he does things could be wrong
- You think his tactics are crap
- You don’t think he’s willing to adapt
- You think the players he’s signed are mentally weak
- You don’t think the players train hard enough
- The players aren’t motivated
- The players don’t believe they can win
Step back. Deep breath.
Which of those 7 problems do not sit with the manager?
Staggering that Wenger has built such a well-oiled propaganda machine around him. It’s grotesque. He’s like a dictator running a third world regime.
This is the process:
- Buy off the loyalty of the establishment (Ken Friar / Sir Chips / Bob Wilson being paid to stfu and support the king)
- Make sure those that serve you are weak and reward them beyond their level to ensure zero dissent (All the players that came out and said Wenger was like a father figure)
- Work within a small trust circle, sacrificing quality for loyalty, even if it is at the clear expense of success (Primorac, Peyton, Colbert who wouldn’t land jobs at Sutton)
- Control the press by punishing bad behaviour and rewarding good (See journo’s close to club throw fear at fans of the unknown as well as working to divide them, all in the hunt for access to Wenger, Ozil and Sanchez exclusives)
- Offer hope to those on the outside by occasionally showing humbleness by bringing new folk to the
setupregime. Theirry, Keown, Parlour, Pires, Seaman have all sought coaching jobs, hence the loyalty (Gary Neville doesn’t want to burn bridges in case his PTSD counselling leads him back to real work). Whereas Gallas, Alan Smith and Paddy give zero fucks, so critique away
- Use fear and guilt to control fans who have only known one great leader, tap into the nostalgia of those who remember the barren seventies and eighties (but don’t realise we’re moving into similar territory right now, at 13 years)
It’s disgusting people. The system is circling us like a drunk man chasing down a kebab van, because the people in charge think you’re stupid, malleable and docile like a dozing fat pig.
Remember this: Those ‘names’ leaking the comments do not agree with the regime, but they have too much to lose by not playing the game. I promise you that.
So my point. We need to wake the fuck up. Mobilize. Let’s make the run in tough for the manager.
He is not worthy of that job. He needs to know the love for him has changed. He needs to stop being selfish and move over for the next manager.
The only way you’re going to have a good next two years is if you make your voices heard.
I back protest. I back dissent. I back making our voices heard. We need a smart approach to letting the manager know this is the time to go.
This isn’t a debate anymore. Don’t let the media, the explayers and the manager manipulate you into thinking anything else.
This needs to be a fan revolution.
Make this tough Gooners. This is about a better Arsenal.
Don’t fear this, fear more of the same. Don’t feel ashamed, he’s earning £8.5m a year for being garbage at his job. Don’t listen to people who aren’t emotionally moved by the blandness of our team witter on about the dangers of hiring a manager who can’t guarantee trophies. There is no reason for him to stay. We have a solid infrastructure in place, a great squad, unreal facilities, London as a backdrop, £100m in transfer cash, £60m worth of dross we can sell and fanbase itching for a bit of excitement.
BRING IT ON!
Tweet Aisa, Black Scarf, Red Action and The Arsenal Supporters Trust. Demand they run emergency surveys now, so we can own the backpages. Hassle the Arsenal media (nicely) to pay attention, don’t tolerate fence-sitting ‘influencers,’ demand they all support the overwhelming fan narrative that together, we are writing and don’t tolerate their bullshit articles that have been issued on instruction. Send e-mails to Ivan Gazidis, Mark Gonnella, whoever will hear you. Work this like a political strike against the establishment… and remember, this isn’t populism, it’s rightulism. Which is populism, but not so contradictory, and more right.
Running out of steam here.
Anyway, this nonsense has to end now. We have at most, a month to deliver our message. It starts with YOU!
P.S. LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST IT’S GOOD:
If you want the action on iTunes HERE
If you want it on Google Play HERE
If you love a Pocket Cast HERE
If you are too poor for a smartphone, it’s embedded here.
No fence sitting on The AO. ENJOY!